For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nerdiness of agile is appealing, but not compatible with the family really! The Go tariff might be sensible though, will have to try and run the numbers.

The tumble dryer just broke down again (it’s a washer-dryer, washer part still works) so trying to decide on a replacement for that. At least using airers is saving money though!
By Rob P
I watched an online Fifth Gear test of the Polestar with VB-H hooning it around a closed circuit.

It is as fast or faster than my V8R, but I have to say that the sheer lack of drama was reflected in the way Vicki had none of her normal whoops and giggles. It was all a bit dour and lacking in excitement. Possibly a good thing on a road car.

Or maybe she's just getting older?

Rob
By nallen
TheKentishFledgling wrote:Just seen a Polestar in the flesh for the first time. Have to say I was unsold on the looks from the pics, but having seen one, that’s a good looking vehicle, albeit it in an odd way that I can’t quite put my finger on?!

I saw one yesterday -- was that you @stevelup in the Cotswolds yesterday? It's definitely different, but did look quite cool.
By GrahamB
eltonioni wrote:It looks like a stormtroopers helmet.

That was exactly my wife's description of the white Ford Kuga we rented a few of years ago in France
eltonioni wrote:It looks like a stormtroopers helmet.

Be fair.

It is substantially better looking than most of its Volvo parent company's models.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
No, I like it, the analogy is an observation not a criticism. The car has a nice dynamism about it with that truncated rear end and monotone scheme. A neighbour has one and it looks grand in the metal.
By stevelup
Yep - everyone who has seen it in the flesh has commented on how it has a lot more presence than you might think just by looking at photos.

ps. I agree it looks like a Stormtrooper's helmet - and didn't take it as an insult!
By Flyin'Dutch'
On a different but related matter - the non-Tesla charge points at the Eurotunnel Terminals have been out of action for the duration of the Pandemic now, not great for any electric drivers.

I like the chunkiness of the Polestar but for anyone doing long distance traveling the Tesla charging network has to be a factor to be taken into serious consideration.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:On a different but related matter - the non-Tesla charge points at the Eurotunnel Terminals have been out of action for the duration of the Pandemic now, not great for any electric drivers.

I like the chunkiness of the Polestar but for anyone doing long distance traveling the Tesla charging network has to be a factor to be taken into serious consideration.

If only there was a regulator that set minimum standards and enforced them. Not something that gets done anywhere now.