For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
JonathanB wrote:
eltonioni wrote:These dinky electric city cars look like the future though.

What about the new Citroën Ami... :shock:

Muggins here very nearly bought a Twizzy, so yea, it looks like a fantastic little thing :D Anything that serves up pure utility without fuss in the city gets my vote.
Colonel Panic wrote:So long as it nicer than the original, then that'll be OK. The old Ami 6 was possibly the ugliest car ever released. Hideous from all angles ...

The jury is out.

Rob P
eltonioni liked this
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The doors on the new Ami are identical left/right, so open in opposite directions … which is somehow brilliant.
eltonioni liked this
By Fellsteruk
Rob P wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:So long as it nicer than the original, then that'll be OK. The old Ami 6 was possibly the ugliest car ever released. Hideous from all angles ...

The jury is out.

Rob P

I like that. But then again I’m a fan of the Nissan Cube and the fiat 500, which are both mostly fugly to the masses.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Colonel Panic wrote:@Flyin'Dutch' - is it correct that you have to undo front seat seat belts to let folk get in the back too? Not very school-run friendly if so.

Yah.

They really are no good if you need to take people in the back seats regularly.

@eltonioni Although I like cars I dislike spending on cars with a vengeance - so any old banger would do; however the job requires that I have a car that goes without problems, always.

Hence the need for newish cars (sub 5 years old) and if I then honestly compare the cost of buying and leasing then it is clear that the later just leaves me with more money for fun things.

Our second car was until recently a nearly 20 year old polo with 200k on the clock so I am well versed in bangernomics too.
By stevelup
It's astonishingly good. Lovely place to sit in, performance is superb and finessed, infotainment system is the best I've ever used.

I've already found about five bugs which I've fed back, but then I found just as many with my last BMW so that probably says as much about me as it does the car!

Range leaves something to be desired but then I drive like a lunatic, so this was to be expected, and it's a heavy car.

Lots of missing features which were promised prior to ordering and are now coming Q1 2021 or even later. Epic demonstration of bait and switch...
By stevelup
Already seen the real world rewards of isolating the infotainment system from the vehicle manufacturer. There was a missing feature on Spotify, so we all got together and lobbied Spotify, and the feature has been added in a matter of just a few weeks.

Imagine trying to do that with a legacy car co, or even Tesla where you're at the mercy of the manufacturer. The fact that all this stuff just sits on the Google Play Store is, I think, going to be groundbreaking.

Other manufacturers are adopting Android Automotive so I think we should start seeing more and more apps for it soon. It's pretty limited at the moment - but mostly because the APIs aren't in place for anything other than audio media players at this time.