For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Colonel Panic wrote:How does Nissan keep the training / information flow going to dealers now?

Intensive e-learning. Programs available on the dealers desktop computers, lovingly crafted by the nice folk who slave for FlyingSniffer, sometime contributor on the forum, and I have to say, often beautifully written by one of the most skilled copywriters in Britain

Rob P
By Melanie Moxon
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:
Colonel Panic wrote:How does Nissan keep the training / information flow going to dealers now?

Intensive e-learning. Programs available on the dealers desktop computers, lovingly crafted by the nice folk who slave for FlyingSniffer, sometime contributor on the forum, and I have to say, often beautifully written by one of the most skilled copywriters in Britain

Rob P

Same as the vast majority of courses in companies these days, all of our mandatory training such as fire safety refreshers and office safety (wouldn't want a papercut now would we) refreshers are done by e-learning.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Staying in a hotel at BHX for work tonight noted that the 4 new charge bays double up as bays for disabled parking.

A quick inspection suggests that half of the parked cars do not have a disabled parking permit in them.

Stroke of genius to design a car park like that.

Bit of a pi55er if you were to arrive with only another 10 miles in the tank.

:D
By Melanie Moxon
Funny this thread should return to the top of the list as the 2007 MINI I am currently driving is due to dissapear immenantly. I badly wanted an EV but there wasn't a single one that I could afford that did what I wanted so I ended up buying a used hybrid instead, of course this has also nullified any chance of getting my own aircraft for several years. But the amount of money I was going to have to spend on the MINI to make it last was more than half the value of the car; uneconomical.

So in the next couple of days I will pick up a rather nice, one owner, full history Lexus CT200H.
By Melanie Moxon
stevelup wrote:Did you actually drive it and still bought it?

Yes, I gave it an extensive test drive, couldn't find anything wrong with it. It was comfy, quiet, easy to drive, the instruments were well placed and easy to read and being a Lexus it was of course a very nice place to sit. I bought it for trundling around in, not racing. Though eco mode will be reserved for where it is meant to be used stop start traffic as it felt like somebody had nicked half the engine when I used it :lol:
Well if there's any truth in this the environmentalists with hate it and it'll do nothing to reduce the prices of EVs

The future of electric cars may depend on mining critically important metals on the ocean floor.

That's the view of the engineer leading a major European investigation into new sources of key elements.

Demand is soaring for the metal cobalt - an essential ingredient in batteries and abundant in rocks on the seabed.

Laurens de Jonge, who's running the EU project, says the transition to electric cars means "we need those resources".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49759626
By stevelup
The difference is the Porsche can do it over and over again without any cool down period, literally until the battery is dead. It’s running within spec at all times.

The Tesla cannot - it’s running massively outside the original design parameters and starts fading after just a couple of runs. You even have to ‘prepare’ the battery first to get it to the exact right temperature. The Porsche just does it on demand.

Very different approaches and with quite different goals. Almost pointless comparing them really, but everything inevitably gets compared to Tesla and quite rightly so.
MikeB, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
It's still the case that EVs are still largely very expensive. The ZOE is the only real full EV with a decent range close to being acceptable to the mass market, but when I looked at it the battery lease made it as expensive or more so than a normal car for the miles that I will do.

I'd love a model 3 but you're still talking almost 40K for the basic model and though there are relatively few options they are all quite costly.