For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Colonel Panic wrote:Any charger, Any network, Anywhere

.... is a bold and misleading statement of course ... what they mean is any charger on any network that they support.

No Instavolt / Ionity / Gridserve which are in the main the only ones worth bothering with - I suppose it's useful for mopping up most of the rest.
By Flyin'Dutch'
stevelup wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:The day that we can just pay at a charge point with our normal payment vehicle (debit/credit/phone/watch) cannot come soon enough.

What an enormous faff it is to need several cards.

You can here, on pretty much all new chargers.

As far as charging infrastructure is concerned it is pretty much pre-historic here. There are too few locations, if you find a 7kW one you are doing well. A fair few are kaputt, they are very expensive.

Not good at all.
By tr7v8
Rob P wrote:Just released. The league table of stolen EVs (all plug-ins I think, rather than the real thing) for 2021

Rob P

But as dumb as anything as the Mitzy PHEV is the best selling plug in hybrid by a country mile. So quelle surprise they are the highest number nicked, statistics etc.....
By tr7v8
avtur3 wrote:Item on the local news today, BBC Radio Sussex, they were talking about the cost of using the public charging network ... costs were anything from 'free' through to .... £4 per kWh ... :shock:

From what I can see the 'premium' networks are charging as much as 69p per kWh, which although it sounds eye watering still has EV's just short of ICE fuel costs. However, who ever it is that's charging £4 per kWh is certainly taking the Micheal and is not doing anything to advance the cause of EV's.

In recent BP press release they talked about their high power chargers being commercially as productive as their petrol pumps ...

More tripe from the biased broadcasting company. In my local town some of the recharge rates INCLUDE your parking fee. Fr'instance one car park charges me 45p per kWh but I don't pay any other charges. And car parking for ICE there is £1.60 odd an hour!
By Flying_john
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:The day that we can just pay at a charge point with our normal payment vehicle (debit/credit/phone/watch) cannot come soon enough.

What an enormous faff it is to need several cards.

Very common at most motorway services in UK, just wave your debit card at the machine and charging starts.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this