For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've been following the FEs on and off for some time, and they are truly extraordinary. Their level of delusion, denial, and conspiracy theory beggars belief. I'm sure a lot of them are trolling, but plenty of them simply don't look smart enough to troll that well.

I even signed up on the FES forum, just for grins, and I occasionally ask them questions like "So what are the satellite dishes* pointing at, then?". And I'm going to do another one soon along the lines of "So if GPS works by ground-based triangulation**, how come my Android tablet gives me altitude accurate to better than 100 feet when I'm flying".

* (they deny the existence of satellites)
** (for that's what they claim to believe)

I can only stand them for more than a few minutes at a time when I'm a) extremely chilled and b) partaking of the red wine.

On YouTube, Cool Hard Logic's series on debunking Flattards is well worth a look, as he's very funny and presents quite a lot of interesting material.

Chemtrails is another cracking conspiracy theory. This is where the Guvmint is pumping chemicals into the air (and you can see them doing it - just look at the high altitude aeroplanes on a clear day ;) ) to control the population.

You have never realised just, erm, how should I put it? Let's say... uneducated... people are until you've watched this:

And on the subject of 'checkmate Flat Earthers', I give you this beautiful image of Mount Rainier casting an upwards shadow on the clouds. It's not mine, I hasten to add.

By condor17
Used to believe that the earth was not round when I joined BEA ... Back Every Afternoon , of as BOAC dubbed us ... The FlatEarthers .
That was until we got DH/HS Tridents , they proved that the Earth is round . It was only the curvature of said Earth which got us airborne .
As an aside , having descended from a long line of North Naarfick , beach / inshore fishermen .
Their word is that a compass does not work when out of sight of land !
Don't disagree with them ; thank you INS ,IRS and GPS .

rgds condor .
By Flintstone
Paultheparaglider wrote:
Flintstone wrote:Which one?

The one full of aliens with the chameleon cloaking device flying at tree level.

You weren't supposed to spot that. You know what this means, don't you?

By Flintstone
condor17 wrote:Pete , They are webbed , and have you sen my sister ?

rgds condor

Is she the same person as your mother, aunt, grandmother and cousin?
MikeB liked this
By GolfHotel
condor17 wrote:Pete , They are webbed , and have you sen my sister ?

rgds condor

Seen her? No I think i kept my eyes closed. Now if you had asked about your mother. :twisted: