For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Cessna57
Well, a shrine has been set up for the person who died. Opposite where it happened.
The pensioners house has been boarded up, and is under police protection apparently.

He might need that crowdfunding after all.
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The Council can clear up the stuff on the pavement as it's litter, a trip-hazard, etc., and the owner of the fence can remove anything hanging therefrom. All simple and legal.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By OCB
From the press reports, said de-animated scrote was from a community well known for it’s, how shall I put it politely, “entrepreneurial spirit”.

If I was the fence owner I’d stand there with a ticket book and charge 5 quid an hour rental per item.
By Bert Presley
morticiaskeeper wrote:As far as I'm concerned, enter my property and the gloves come off.

OK if I take a rain-check on coming round for that beer? :D
By morticiaskeeper
There was a video posted on face ache last night, taken from an upstairs window, showing two mopeds pull up to a house, passenger from each approaches the house, hammer in hand.

The scrotes are trying to steal the moped under the window. Lots of swearing and shouting, alarm sounding, police called. Nothing seems to deter these two, until they realise that they can't get it, so they smash car windows and ride off.

This got me thinking, what would you do?

A lot of people SAY what they would do, but think about it.

Stay inside, safe.

Go out, and get attacked.

Go out, armed, knowing that you have to use more force than you have ever used in your life, you have one shot to neutralise the threat, or you will lose.

There are two ice axes near my front door (near the winter climbing gear), but would they be enough? They could do a lot of damage, but could I have that much intent?

Or would I be better using my weight, size and anger to bring the scrote down?

I really don't know.

If you're not a violent person, could you suddenly do that much damage to someone, or would it be better to run?
By Bert Presley
Bert Presley wrote:
morticiaskeeper wrote:As far as I'm concerned, enter my property and the gloves come off.

morticiaskeeper wrote:There are two ice axes near my front door

What if I promise not to dress as Leon Trotsky?

Only joking :D
Chris Martyr liked this
By morticiaskeeper
Bert Presley wrote:
Bert Presley wrote:

morticiaskeeper wrote:There are two ice axes near my front door

What if I promise not to dress as Leon Trotsky?

Only joking :D

You do realise you've just put a Stranglers song in my head for the night!
By Spooky
morticiaskeeper wrote:There was a video posted on face ache last night, taken from an upstairs window, showing two mopeds pull up to a house, passenger from each approaches the house, hammer in hand.

The scrotes are trying to steal the moped under the window. Lots of swearing and shouting, alarm sounding, police called. Nothing seems to deter these two, until they realise that they can't get it, so they smash car windows and ride off.

This got me thinking, what would you do?

A lot of people SAY what they would do, but think about it.

Stay inside, safe.

Go out, and get attacked.

Go out, armed, knowing that you have to use more force than you have ever used in your life, you have one shot to neutralise the threat, or you will lose.

There are two ice axes near my front door (near the winter climbing gear), but would they be enough? They could do a lot of damage, but could I have that much intent?

Or would I be better using my weight, size and anger to bring the scrote down?

I really don't know.

If you're not a violent person, could you suddenly do that much damage to someone, or would it be better to run?

Leave them to it, bike would be insured. If they enter the house to get the keys (that I can rarely find myself), that’s different.
By morticiaskeeper
Chris Martyr wrote:
morticiaskeeper wrote:You do realise you've just put a Stranglers song in my head for the night!

Something better change .

I agree!

But it was No More Heroes.
By OCB
Even before Janet Street-Porter posted a comment piece on the Wail, I was wondering the same. Why don't the police stop the unwanted and clearly aggressive "shrine making"?

In Scotland I'm pretty sure they'd be charge with breach of the peace, maybe not first time - but certainly 2nd time round.

You can't drop a 1cm receipt without getting a fine for littering etc - so how come this is "tolerated"?