For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Colonel Panic wrote:Possibly one for RobP in particular ..... co-starring the delectable Audrey Fleurot - she of Engrenages fame

Tempting, but at your behest I am now engrossed in Salamander V2, and The Bridge final season starts on Friday. That and Plebs + Episodes just about fills the entire time we have available for watching the haunted fishtank.

Even so, I await your reports with interest.

You did see her in Witnesses / Les Témoins V2 didn't you?

Rob P
Colonel Panic liked this
By Rob P
What a stonking final series to end on (The Bridge)

I shall miss Saga.

Rob P
Pete L, PaulB liked this
By chevvron
Don't know if anyone watches 'Spooks' on weds Freeview 8 London Tx only.
They're repeats made about 10+ years ago but chillingly the storylines all have a grain of truth after recent events.
We've recently also enjoyed repeats of 'Line of Duty', Unforgotten' and 'Rebus' (the early ones not the more recent ones with John Hannah who is rubbish in the role)' which we didn't catch first time round.
As for new stuff, Series 5 of 'Chicago PD' is showing on thursdays Freeview 21 at 9 pm but its not as good as previous series having lost its lead female character due to (according to Mrs C's 'National Enquirer') off screen argments with the lead male character.(Yeah sounds like CSI Miami all over again)
Last edited by chevvron on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Our favourite of recent seasons is Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries set in 1920s Melbourne. As well as the period stuff, it's refreshingly subversive - back-references a lot of modern behaviour in a not completely unsubtle way. Closest UK analogue is probably the Dorothy L Sayers Peter Wimsey series. Nordic Noir it ain't.

The grit in the oyster is cameos from Miriam Margolyes. Somehow you wish the editor had said "say your words and get off". Bit like Simon Callow whenever he's got a bit part.

We're slowly working our way through back episodes of Hidden ("let's do Nordic Noir in Wales and make it even more depressing") and Humans to counterbalance the joy of weeks of sunshine and flying.
By Bill Haddow
chevvron wrote:
'Rebus' (the early ones not the more recent ones with John Hannah who is rubbish in the role)' which we didn't catch first time round.

Had a pint last night, as I do from time to time, in "The Laurieston" (Bridge St, Glasgow). Proper pub, which is used as "The Ox", Rebus's local, in the Ken Stott Rebus series'

Bill H
By chevvron
Bill Haddow wrote:
chevvron wrote:
'Rebus' (the early ones not the more recent ones with John Hannah who is rubbish in the role)' which we didn't catch first time round.

Had a pint last night, as I do from time to time, in "The Laurieston" (Bridge St, Glasgow). Proper pub, which is used as "The Ox", Rebus's local, in the Ken Stott Rebus series'

Bill H

The year I lived in Glasgow, our local was the 'Lord Darnley'.
By MCM
Rob P wrote:What a stonking final series to end on

Just caught up, brilliant finale.

Serious fans can buy Saga's Porsche, it's up for auction at the Festival of Speed (est. only £20-£30k) :D
By Rob P
I really couldn't live with that colour!

I'd always assumed it was Saga's choice, she knew the best car she could buy, but blew it when it came to colour choice.

Then we find she won it.

Rob P
By PaulB
Has anyone been watching Hidden on BBC4 on Saturdays? It’s Welsh-noir as opposed to Scandi-noir
Last edited by PaulB on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.