For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
No, not a rotation of four tyres - once upon a time you were advised to rotate all FIVE tyres on your vehicle - when you carried a proper spare in the boot. Today, directional rotation tyres obviously can't be swopped from one side to the other.
By Rob P
Well this has been an interesting meander, but as it turns out, a complete waste of bandwidth for the original question.

On checking this morning I find there are 275s on the rear and 245s on the front.

Doh!

But thanks for the input.

Rob P
johnm, mick w, Flyin'Dutch' and 1 others liked this
By Rob P
Even so I'm afraid 400 hp can be a bit much for them. Another reason to renew them promptly. (and to look at limited slips)

Rob P
Rob P wrote:Even so I'm afraid 400 hp can be a bit much for them. Another reason to renew them promptly. (and to look at limited slips)

Rob P

You are getting close to needing a limited slip between the inner and outer of each tyre.
Rob P liked this
By condor17
New tyres go on the drive axle ... That way for every revolution of the engine = more miles on the road compared to worn tyres ! Thats why you pump 'em up to the max pressure allowed ...Or so our'Boi thought when he 1st had a car ... Wondered why the steering was so light and not taking him around the corners.

Flintstone , filofax ? Nah ; too expensive , is a1985 leather Smiths version . Still going strong and quicker to look up a 'fone number than a mob.

rds condor
By OCB
mick w wrote:I remember people rotating all 4 Tyres , to evenly wear them & subsequently replace them all together . :?

That's exactly what I did on Sunday - took the winter wheels off and put summer wheels on my AWD Alhambra.

OSR->NSF
NSR->OSF
OSF->NSR
NSF->OSR

I do notice the front tyres outer edges wear more than the rear, so I find it worth doing.

Found the wheel nuts beginning to seize, and since some scrote robbed all my 80s/90s car repair material stashed at my folks place, I'm going to order some copper-eze + also buy another good quality "cross" tyre iron.

I know I will burn in hell for putting any anti-seize compound on wheel nuts, according to most "pro", but it's my car and I'm sliding quite comfortably towards "grumpy old man" territory
Nick, Nick liked this