For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Miscellaneous wrote:
cockney steve wrote:... English citizenship...

What's that then Steve? :?

Similar to British but you can't go to Scotland, Wales or NI without a visa. :roll: I think the UK government has only removed British citizenship from IS terrorists with dual nationality, so they are not rendered stateless.
Miscellaneous liked this
Miscellaneous wrote:
cockney steve wrote:... English citizenship...

What's that then Steve? :?

What was available to Anglo-Saxon yeomen (but not, of course, women, children nor serfs) before the arrival of the Normans ? :)
Miscellaneous liked this
Today’s Times reports that the US don’t want them, nor does the US recognise The Hague, Syria has no system to try them, and they have the right to appeal against removal of UK citizenship.

Of course, seeing that we missed that they were being radicalised here, I guess there is a certain logic we should sort it out.
Indeed. The word scum was coined for people like this.

Just dispose of them, job done. They have forfeited any 'human' rights.

Rob P
Sooty25 liked this
Jim Jones wrote:they have the right to appeal against removal of UK citizenship.

Let them appeal, but from outside the UK, if we let them back in to the country we will surely be stuck with them, even if the appeal is rejected.
Whatever ISIS are, or aren't doing has no relevance here. Would you hold that these individuals have shown any trace of humanity?

FFS they have been hacking innocent people's heads off in front of video cameras.

Just a nice clean firing squad or 9mm in the back of the head, in private, is the huge extent of my understanding and sympathy. I can see the argument for slow decapitation.

Rob P
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I am not sure I understand the problem, you don't solve a problem of lawless behaviour by more lawlessness.

They are British citizens who have committed crimes abroad, and therefore should be tried and jailed in the UK.

Killing them would make them, in their eyes martyrs, and help recruit more deluded folks.

Trial, in the klink and chuck the key.

More upsetting for them too - these folks see death as their path to heaven and therefore a worthwhile outcome.

We don't want to give them what they want do we.