For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Though I’ve posted this elsewhere it could do with an airing here . I hope it’s not donked it is an image from my AOPA UK magazine this month, whose editor needs more practice with his signature. :wink:

yippee!fixed it :roll:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By akg1486
T6Harvard wrote:W&B query ...

I'll use that in the material for the Flight Planning and Performance course I will conduct after New Year! :D
kanga, T6Harvard liked this
By eltonioni
My wife wanted to go to Las Vegas in the new year to see The Temptations but Covid put has paid to that.

We're going to see The Four Tops in Primark instead.
Charles Hunt liked this
By akg1486
- Who brings Christmas presents to cats?
- Santa Claws

- What do you call a snowman in the summer?
- A puddle
By Mr Bags
That's my good deed for Christmas done at Waitrose tonight.

I was behind an old lady at the check-out. Her bill came to £28 but she only had £10 and claimed that she must have lost £20 in the store.

I felt very sorry for her. She didn’t want any help but I insisted and in no time at all, we had most of her shopping back on the shelves.
JAFO, avtur3 liked this
By OCB
This is a self-service buffet(ing) thing..scavenged from Pinterest...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/105553184990340125/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/307933693242863026/

I was trying to find some amusing aviation related Christmas stuff...but others had me giggling...

....and the genius of Gary Larson - who cracked me up for so many years, BITD when giggles very often came from being at mates houses after Christmas & reading all the best Annuals they got....

Not at all Christmas related, but still makes me laugh after all these years!

** - edit to say, I had a huge amount of fun (re)reading all kinds of silly aviation and Christmas related sillies on Pinterest.....I just chose 3 that I liked :oops:
Last edited by OCB on Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By OCB
An old ex-Soviet couple were being shown around Moscow one day on a memorial trip, by their ex-communist guide, Rudolf, when the husband felt a drop hit his nose.

“I think it’s raining,” he said to his wife.

“No, that felt more like snow to me,” she replied.

“No, I’m sure it was just rain,” he said.

Well, as these things go, they were about to have a major argument about whether it was raining or snowing.

“Let’s not fight about it!” the man said. “Let’s ask our guide, Comrade Rudolf, whether it’s officially raining or snowing.”

As their tour guide approached, the man said, “Tell us, Comrade Rudolf, is it officially raining or snowing?“

Rudolph sniffs around, looks studiously at the cloud formations - and in the most precise way sticks his tongue out to trap a few bits of precipitation.

“It’s raining, of course,” he replied officiously.

But the woman insisted, “I know that it felt like snow!”

The man quietly replied, “Rudolph, the Red, knows rain, dear!“
T6Harvard, flybymike, eltonioni and 2 others liked this