For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@seanxair That's slightly less funny when you've just tested positive, meaning that plans to see much-loved family have been abandoned and I'll be spending Christmas on my own. (But it still made me laugh.)
By seanxair
nallen wrote:@seanxair That's slightly less funny when you've just tested positive, meaning that plans to see much-loved family have been abandoned and I'll be spending Christmas on my own. (But it still made me laugh.)

I did have a bit of a think before posting it but hoped it would bring a smile at least. Sorry your plans are buggered. I know quite a few in a similar position.
T6Harvard liked this
By OCB
seanxair wrote:
nallen wrote:@seanxair That's slightly less funny when you've just tested positive, meaning that plans to see much-loved family have been abandoned and I'll be spending Christmas on my own. (But it still made me laugh.)

I did have a bit of a think before posting it but hoped it would bring a smile at least. Sorry your plans are buggered. I know quite a few in a similar position.

I just forwarded it onto one of my closest colleagues.

He went into panic mode at lunchtime as his brother had just tested positive, and normally it was his brother’s turn to host the annual extended family get-together tonight .

I did make the comment “are you sure he’s actually positive?”

So, yep - might not be 100% PC, but still funny!
By seanxair
It was sent to me by my mother who is 87. She suffers from leukemia and epilepsy both managed relatively well with meds. Currently in isolation in a rehab unit following 3 weeks in hospital after a major epilepsy episode (initially thought to be stroke) in the middle of the night at home. She will be there until new year at least. Weak as a kitten physically and tough as teak mentally. Sense of humour unaffected!
OCB, eltonioni, T6Harvard and 4 others liked this
By OCB
seanxair wrote:It was sent to me by my mother who is 87. She suffers from leukemia and epilepsy both managed relatively well with meds. Currently in isolation in a rehab unit following 3 weeks in hospital after a major epilepsy episode (initially thought to be stroke) in the middle of the night at home. She will be there until new year at least. Weak as a kitten physically and tough as teak mentally. Sense of humour unaffected!

Get her an account on here…she sounds like she’d fit in perfectly !
By kanga
OCB wrote:
seanxair wrote:It was sent to me by my mother who is 87...Weak as a kitten physically and tough as teak mentally. Sense of humour unaffected!

Do we (does her esteemed son) know that she hasn't got one already ? :)
T6Harvard liked this
By seanxair
kanga wrote:
OCB wrote:
seanxair wrote:It was sent to me by my mother who is 87...Weak as a kitten physically and tough as teak mentally. Sense of humour unaffected!

Well she does dent her smartphone screen with violent pokes to make a letter appear so it's quite likely she has an account by accident! :D
kanga liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
seanxair wrote:
kanga wrote:
OCB wrote:

Well she does dent her smartphone screen with violent pokes to make a letter appear so it's quite likely she has an account by accident! :D

Has anyone actually seen ROG?
T6Harvard, kanga liked this
By PeteSpencer
Sir Morley Steven wrote:

No but spoke to him on the phone a coupla times in the last few months............. :lol:
By mick w
PeteSpencer wrote:
Sir Morley Steven wrote:

No but spoke to him on the phone a coupla times in the last few months............. :lol:

Does he live in London :? :wink:
By Rob P
Congratulations to the England Cricket team who have just beaten the Wuhan street food vendors for the most inept use of a bat this century
nallen, GrahamB, Rob L and 4 others liked this