For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JAFO
@TravellerBob - it wasn't a joke, it was a reference to what you thought was one.

I'm afraid that I don't really know what "go hard or go home" is supposed to mean.
By TravellerBob
JAFO wrote:I'm afraid that I don't really know what "go hard or go home" is supposed to mean.

<slang> "If you don't put forth effort, then you might as well stop trying."

Every day a school day here. :oops:
By JAFO
Ah, I see. Well, as I wasn't attempting to make a joke, there wasn't a need to put forth any effort, making your comment rather meaningless even when one discovers it's intended meaning.

Probably time that we got back to the jokes, eh?
By TravellerBob
@JAFO that's very self-aware. :oops:

A magician was working on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. The audience was different each week so he did the same tricks over and over.

The problem was, the captain's parrot saw all the shows and began to understand how the magician did every trick.

He started shouting in the middle of the show: 'Look, it's not the same hat. Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table. Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?'

The magician was furious but, as it was the captain's parrot, he could do nothing. Then one day the ship sank and the magician found himself floating on a piece of wood with the parrot.

They glared at each other but said nothing. Finally, after a week, the parrot said: 'OK, I give up. Where's the boat?'
JAFO liked this
By Paultheparaglider
TravellerBob wrote:
JAFO wrote:I'm afraid that I don't really know what "go hard or go home" is supposed to mean.

<slang> "If you don't put forth effort, then you might as well stop trying."

Every day a school day here. :oops:

And then there is the moderators' version - "go hard and go home." :wink:
TravellerBob liked this
By OCB
All of this “go hard or go home”, and “if you don't put forth effort, then you might as well stop trying."

…and nobody whipped out the old trusty “as the actress said to the bishop” punchline!

I don’t know whether to be disappointed, or relieved TBH :roll:
By OCB
Prompted by the “driving job” thread….

Early one morning a lad gets on a bus, and sits down on the first empty seat he sees.

A few minutes later, this older gentleman in a uniform comes along, stands over the young lad and says “excuse me - but that’s my seat”

The lad has a look around and replies “there’s plenty of seats on this bus - can’t you go sit somewhere else?”

“Listen here young man - for the past 25 years, 5 days a week I’ve been getting on this bus at the same time, and sitting here - would you please get up and let me sit down?”

The lad just shrugs nonchalantly.

“Young man, if you don’t get up and let me sit down here - I’m going to get quite cross!”

The lad thinks about it for a second, and realises the others on the bus are all staring at him.

“Oh ok you old fart, have your seat - see if I care”.

The uniformed gent sits down with a sense of authority and satisfaction that he’d gotten what he wanted.

As a parting shot as the young lad moved further back in the bus, he quipped “…I didn’t want to drive your stupid bus in the first place…”
TravellerBob liked this