For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Miscellaneous wrote:There you go @johnm, is that what you want for everyone...but yourself? :wink:

Actually yes, if I could control the serfs the world would be a better place :twisted: :D
By PeteSpencer
It must be me but the word 'prank' makes my skin creep:

It has the same effect as scraping yer fingernails down a blackboard, especially when, as in the countless pathetic American videos on you tube, it is used as a verb. :puker:
By lobstaboy
PeteSpencer wrote:It must be me but the word 'prank' makes my skin creep:

It has the same effect as scraping yer fingernails down a blackboard, especially when, as in the countless pathetic American videos on you tube, it is used as a verb. :puker:

Well a quick search of trustworthy dictionaries shows that "prank" as both a noun and a verb has been in common use in English since the 1520s. And it's in Johnson's dictionary.
So I guess you're outvoted. Just don't watch annoying American videos - they'll rot your brain anyway ;)

https://landyachtsafari.typepad.com/pho ... g_3808.jpg
PeteSpencer liked this
By eltonioni

I have a similar aversion to 'oddball'. Especially prefacing 'comedy' or 'SciFi'.

'Merkins seem most guilty of that too. Don't get me started on 'goofy'... 'goofy oddball comedy scifi' aaargghhhh!!!!
By OCB
PeteSpencer wrote:I guess 'prank ' is my 'moist'................................ :lol:

Ah, the English Language- without which this thread wouldn’t exist, and most comedians would have remained shipyard welders or doctors or whatever :)

Moist adjective = Moister.
Prank adjective = Pranker.
No?
By akg1486

Source was Canadian, and I suppose they use that particular Amercanism. Shatner is of course Canadian, too.

Odd to see so many commenting on that one word; I find corporate newspeak and PC phrases much worse.
JAFO, kanga liked this
By PeteSpencer
OCB wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:I guess 'prank ' is my 'moist'................................ :lol:

Ah, the English Language- without which this thread wouldn’t exist, and most comedians would have remained shipyard welders or doctors or whatever :)

Moist adjective = Moister.
Prank adjective = Pranker.
No?

No . :wink: