For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By OCB
Charles Hunt wrote:Perhaps this is why we don't have a lot of imported French comedy programmes on TV?

Not on TV much, but this English lad is a roaring success in France.

This is one of his “in English” YouTube skits, where he has a pop at Macron, the BBC and the French language.

https://youtu.be/f-M_jdoY00o
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Not bad...

And the "to **** off the unvaccinated" isn't a bad translation, but it really is "give them ****" and most of the locals I've joked about this with are under no illusions he really means to put the unvaxxed in the ****... :eye:
By PeteSpencer
OCB wrote:
Charles Hunt wrote:Perhaps this is why we don't have a lot of imported French comedy programmes on TV?

Not on TV much, but this English lad is a roaring success in France.

This is one of his “in English” YouTube skits, where he has a pop at Macron, the BBC and the French language.

https://youtu.be/f-M_jdoY00o

Well he’s miles off in his English translation of ‘emmerder’ for starters .

But his French accent is pretty good .
By Pete L
I'd see his point. I have this vision of standing in the cowshed at Emmerder Farm.

And according to my Collins-Robert, enmerder isn't available for dropping someone in the ****.
By Trent772
Short one...

After all these gales and things I have written a short story about it, it's only a draft at the moment.

Would it be rude to ask the Romans to invade this country again we need the roads rebuilt?

Police have confirmed that the man who fell from the roof of a Darlington nightclub and died, was not a bouncer.

Apparently the Queen’s Covid condition has worsened…. She has just coughed up £12m!

Hey Mike always wondered that whenever I got on a flight I had the same pilot just wondered if you knew him.
It was Captain Speaking,

We have to change our names by deed poll when we get promoted

I'm going to put a petition out to name the next high wind storm, as we are going alphabetically I want to name it "Gale", that will be good on news

My mate and I were out having dinner and the waitress started flirting with me.
"She obviously has COVID," my mate said.
"Why?" I asked.
He said, "Because she has no taste."
eltonioni liked this
By kanga
akg1486 wrote:McDonald’s has shut down its operations in Russia, turning the whole country into a No-Fry Zone.

Ironically, when McD opened in Moscow in the '80s, it was as a franchisee of Canadian McD's, as the Reagan administration put pressure on the US parent not to do it. There was much glee in the Canadian media seeing the Maple Leaf incorporated in the 'golden arches' logo with its Cyrillic signage :)
By PeteSpencer
kanga wrote:
akg1486 wrote:McDonald’s has shut down its operations in Russia, turning the whole country into a No-Fry Zone.

Ironically, when McD opened in Moscow in the '80s, it was as a franchisee of Canadian McD's, as the Reagan administration put pressure on the US parent not to do it. There was much glee in the Canadian media seeing the Maple Leaf incorporated in the 'golden arches' logo with its Cyrillic signage :)

And maple syrup :puker: :puker: :puker: :pale: with everything , no doubt............
kanga liked this
By akg1486
PeteSpencer wrote:
kanga wrote:Ironically, when McD opened in Moscow in the '80s, it was as a franchisee of Canadian McD's, as the Reagan administration put pressure on the US parent not to do it. There was much glee in the Canadian media seeing the Maple Leaf incorporated in the 'golden arches' logo with its Cyrillic signage :)

And maple syrup :puker: :puker: :puker: :pale: with everything , no doubt............

Serving Poutine would be very appropriate in Russia, though! :D

(For those who've never come across poutine, it's chips with gravy and cheese curds. A Quebec speciality now available across Canada and in other countries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine)
kanga, OCB liked this
By kanga
PeteSpencer wrote:..

<continuing drift in protest :wink: >

The proper (Canadian, dark) stuff is nectar as part of the right meal (eg on proper pancakes) :) But yes, some Canadians use it with some ingredients with which I can't stand it!

One of my DND Quebecois colleagues had a private 'sugar bush' (tree lot) in a wooded area North of Ottawa in Gatineau. In spring there would be an office work party to do the 'tapping' and initial boil (outside, in the late snow, with fires also being used for suitable cooking including a final course of pancakes with last year's further reduced syrup). The owner knew which trees were tappable after a suitable number of fallow seasons. ISTR there was also drinking involved .. :roll: .. Oh, and nearly all the conversation was in French, which somewhat confounded my US colleagues :wink: The owner would then take the reduced volume back to his shack in large plastic containers for much more boiling/reduction for storage for at least a year in smaller glass vessels, which would become payment for the work party. The result was naturally very dark, much darker than any in the stores unless artificial colouring was used (always check the ingredients on the label!). As no money changed hands it was outside the scope of any Quebec or Federal regulation. :thumright:

As the Quebec Provincial motto says: Je Me Souviens :)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ec.svg.png

</>
OCB liked this
By PeteSpencer
akg1486 wrote:Serving Poutine would be very appropriate in Russia, though! :D

(For those who've never come across poutine, it's chips with gravy and cheese curds. A Quebec speciality now available across Canada and in other countries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine)

More appropriate if served with a putain.................
Plenty of them in Russia: they email me constantly. :lol:
kanga liked this
By lobstaboy
PeteSpencer wrote:
akg1486 wrote:Serving Poutine would be very appropriate in Russia, though! :D

More appropriate if served with a putain.................
Plenty of them in Russia: they email me constantly. :lol:

Ah ha! I knew this topic would come up soon! Putin/poutine having unexpected effects:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... -in-france
kanga, akg1486 liked this