For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yep, I loved the anti-gloating joke, too.

I liked the retired General. Shamefully, I used think of older people as, well, old people. Thankfully my current job involves quite a bit of interaction with folk of many years standing and I never cease to be amazed by tales from their younger days. I regularly find my jaw hitting the floor when they tell me about their lives. It is also brilliant to see their faces light up when recalling incidents, adventures, exciting jobs, etc. Honestly, it makes my day and I never under estimate folk now.
kanga, eltonioni, JAFO liked this
By RayP
I remember the Samantha line from ISIHAC being along the lines of:

Samantha is off to see her new boyfriend who is a butcher. She enjoyed his beef in ale and now wants to try his tongue in cider.
Trent772 liked this
By Trent772
T6Harvard wrote:Thankfully my current job involves quite a bit of interaction with folk of many years standing and I never cease to be amazed by tales from their younger days. I regularly find my jaw hitting the floor when they tell me about their lives. It is also brilliant to see their faces light up when recalling incidents, adventures, exciting jobs, etc. Honestly, it makes my day and I never under estimate folk now.

If you also contact their families, get them to record their accounts and rambling now, before it is too late. We have done that with some of our rellies and they make for very poignant and vital memories.
T6Harvard liked this
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
RayP wrote:I remember the Samantha line from ISIHAC being along the lines of:

Samantha is off to see her new boyfriend who is a butcher. She enjoyed his beef in ale and now wants to try his tongue in cider.

Ah, the wonderful Samantha. I have found memories of taking her out for dinner. Sadly, the pleasure was all mine as the Semillon I produced seemed to disappoint her.
Charles Hunt liked this
By Trent772
Humph always said.

I cannot see the Samantha lines before I say them as I will corpse.

Even Jack Dee said similar when we went to a recording in Leeds.