For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
How are we fixed for 'Duke of York' jokes, I've got a coupe of crackers but they are very "near the bone" are we open minded enough ... or do I keep them to myself???

They are widely available on other 'fora' but I know how sensitive we are here ... :lol:
JAFO liked this
By T6Harvard
I worked with a guy in a Legal Department. He was very well turned out, clever, and popular, but didn't actually have many appearances in Court. When he left he was presented with a small wooden plinth topped by the handle of a briefcase. The citation said, 'For carrying yourself well but having no case to show for it' .
kanga liked this
By Forfoxake
avtur3 wrote:How are we fixed for 'Duke of York' jokes, I've got a coupe of crackers but they are very "near the bone" are we open minded enough ... or do I keep them to myself???

They are widely available on other 'fora' but I know how sensitive we are here ... :lol:

Are you talking about the Royal formerly known as Prince?
By Flyingfemme
Forfoxake wrote:
avtur3 wrote:How are we fixed for 'Duke of York' jokes, I've got a coupe of crackers but they are very "near the bone" are we open minded enough ... or do I keep them to myself???

Are you talking about the Royal formerly known as Prince?

Apparently he retains his current military title of Vice-Admiral. How appropriate :lol:
T6Harvard, flybymike liked this
By kanga
Flyingfemme wrote:..
Apparently he retains his current military title of Vice-Admiral. How appropriate :lol:

that's not a Title, it's a Rank. When he was a mere Midshipman, he did once give me a very smart salute (as, indeed, he should have) :wink:

[<lexicography> rank, of course, has several disparate meanings </> :? ]
Flyingfemme, T6Harvard, MikeB and 1 others liked this
By eltonioni
Prince Andrew

^^^ bad joke.
By eltonioni
OCB wrote:Is the question about the cost of carrying a spare?

:whistle:
:lol:
Thank goodness for run-flats.