For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Charles Hunt
One imagines Robert is above such things.

(IIRC she said on Loose Women that the success (or longevity) of their marriage was due to the fact that they barely saw each other.)
By OCB
Charles Hunt wrote:I could only guess that was a ZZTop track. Google took me straight to the youtube video. Just as well I'm having a lie down anyway.

Is the origin of the band name still a mystery?

Certainly for those of a Franglais persuasion- ZZ Top easily translated into the diminutive of “Richard” followed by “Head”…
By Forfoxake
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Wiki states:

'Gibbons particularly noticed B.B. King and Z. Z. Hill and thought of combining the two into "ZZ King", but considered it too similar to the original name. He then figured that "king is going at the top" which brought him to "ZZ Top".'

Anyone want a crack at the origins of the names Booker T. and the MGs and/or Del Amitri??
By Rob L
akg1486 wrote:Not a bad joke, but bad news from the world of comedy: Sean Lock has passed away at age 58.

To be honest, I'd never heard of him. Mind you, having watched those videos, I don't think I missed anything, comedy-wise. Too bad he died, but we all have to do that.
By eltonioni
Aww, that's a real shame. He was one of the super laid back comics who didn't lay into anyone just for their beliefs or politics and just generated funnies out of banter. 58 is no age these days.