For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JoeC
Going back to the original point. Whether you agree with it or, how is this instant retribution supposed to work? I can understand someone in Isis territory or a combat zone with a weapon or part of a fighting unit being targeted. But outside of this situation (which in itself may not be clear) how are they identified as a target?

Man in black robes with long beard and a splash of eau de AK47 at a check-in desk? What happens? Does he get shot there and then?

Guy turns up at UK border and admits he's been in Syria fighting for IS. Is he shot right there?

Guy arrested on suspicion after returning from abroad and refuses to admit guilt. Clear evidence he was fighting for Isis is found. Do the police shoot him in the interview room?

I am not averse to the idea that these **** get topped by those with the guts to do it in a war zone but I really struggle with how it could ever be carried out beyond that. Therefore (or should that be 'so') I think it's just rhetoric to appeal to the hard of thinking.
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Send them back where they came from, I'm sure Mr. Daesh wasn't too bothered about a passport, first time round,- or as somebody else suggested, It shouldn't be beyond the wit of our security forces to make sure they don't leave there in the first place. I don't understand the problem with culling vermin. send the Spanish Inquisition out there.
By GolfHotel
Allan Armadale wrote:
romille wrote:Great idea, how about a nice remote place like South Georgia.

Over my dead body! I lived on South Georgia and it is the most gorgeous place on the planet, how dare you! :evil: :furious: :furious: :guns:

They have a rat eradication program running on South Georgia. :D

We've just come back it was fantastic!
By Andrew Sinclair
Yeah the rats were quite bad when I was there back in the early 90’s, PE4 normally sorted out the worst infestations.

I over-wintered at Customs House at KEP sending daft morse messages about Russian “trawlers” over HF because the UK didn’t want to use Inmarsat...ahh those were the days 8)
By cockney steve
They came from the UK.

No, Joe, They're the ones returning from a hot, sandy place , where they weren't on holiday and weren't acting in the best interests of the majority of the local populace. (large numbers of whom are currently displaced persons.

Where the subjects of the discussion are concerned, they are hostile to the Western lifestyle and civilisation and thought a Caliphate was a better choice. The fact they are disillusioned with the reality, is a problem of their own making.

They rejected the West,

As regards the "disenfranchised young"....Those who choose to integrate,seem to find ready acceptance. Those who wish to impose their own "heritage" culture on their host country, have only themselves to blame ,if they feel marginalised.
"When in Rome......"
By johnm
As regards the "disenfranchised young"....Those who choose to integrate,seem to find ready acceptance. Those who wish to impose their own "heritage" culture on their host country, have only themselves to blame ,if they feel marginalised.
"When in Rome......"

If only the world was that simple....... :roll:

Integration for the well educated and bright in prosperous areas is relatively easy. In less prosperous areas the white Anglo-Saxon not too bright can't integrate, let alone those with minority ethnic backgrounds
By kanga
I note that the (very new) SoSDef has had previous Government experience only as a PPS and Whip

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Williamson

.. which is remarkably little for a Cabinet post. Therefore, he may have been relatively unfamiliar with the convention that the Attorney General should be consulted before any Minister makes an announcement, whether official or in a media interview, which has legal ramifications. Usually, Ministers will have learnt this from their PUS or other senior staff while still a junior Minister.

However, the last PM had also had no prior Ministerial experience, and only one Shadow portfolio (Education) before taking office. He, too, was occasionally in need of 'clarification' from his AG while in office.
By defcribed
cockney steve wrote:*Actually, I think .22 cartridges are cheaper than that, but , no doubt, Military-spec and procured ammo is probably nearer £1 a pop

To you and I, military-spec 5.56mm costs about 40p per round and 7.62mm just under twice that. I imagine the military themselves get a substantial bulk-buy discount.

'Military-spec' in this case does not mean high-quality. No self-respecting target shooter would touch military ammunition with a barge pole.
By Bill McCarthy
Are you saying then that a military sniper who can hit a target at more than two miles away is using duff ammunition or can you do better with stuff you buy ?
By GolfHotel
Bill McCarthy wrote:Are you saying then that a military sniper who can hit a target at more than two miles away is using duff ammunition or can you do better with stuff you buy ?

The snipers don't use bog standard 5.56mm.

As an aside they even have to allow for the Coriolis effect at extreme range.
By Ben
Those who violate other's human rights waive their own and should be treated the same.
I.S fighters violated and still violating many people right for life, family, safety, dignity etc. I don't think that they should be given any rights and should be executed/die by women only (that is their biggest fear).
cockney steve liked this
By Katamarino
johnm wrote:Integration for the well educated and bright in prosperous areas is relatively easy.

Not sure there's any great need for any immigrants not in this category, is there? For any country, not just the UK. Immigration shouldn't be a free-for-all, it should be a careful selection of the type of people who will be of benefit to the receiving nation. I say this as an expat myself; if I wasn't contributing skills to my host countries that they needed, I'd expect to be sent on my way.