For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By condor17
Rob P , Tolly C . I'd hoped you wern't going to mention that !
By the time it got to Naarrich , it had gone off , been tampered with by the Naarfick/Suffolk border force , or slagged off by The Suffolk Gazette ..
http://www.suffolkgazette.com/
Certainly IMHO it was not drinkable , only use as second hand washing up water ...
Other opinions may differ !
Peter , yes Lacons were around .
lobstaboi , Trumans ok . At a S.Coast college , sometimes had enough dosh for a Sunday night 1/2 of Gales 'n a pasty . Nector to a student .
W. coast US, 'n Canada ; yes some good small brewery ales . Ruined by serving in iced glasses and cold . Came late to Flt Engineers , almost too late . But 'boi are they brill ...didn't quite believe my eyes when Mike ordered his beer in a warm glass straight from the washing up [ clean water not Tolly C's ] , and then asked for it to be microwaved for 20 seconds !
Absolutely the dogs Bs . Released the aromatics , so a good nose . Let the taste be unfrozen . Delicious , refreshing , replaced electrolytes , rehydrated a dried out body , quenched a parched throat , did not freeze burn mouth and gullet .........
I could go on , but you get the idea ; and it had been a very long day to get there .

Considering the season , any Christmas Ale Tales out there ?

rgds condor .
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
When I was in Vancouver a few years ago, I discovered they had similar bitter fizzy stuff to the "craft" stuff in the US. At the brewery in the middle of the city, getting a sampler tray, I discovered that the barman was Irish. I asked him, more curious than anything, "Is there anywhere in this city I can get a proper pint?"

He said there were two places, and gave me their locations. I was curious so I went to have a look at one of them, having an excuse to make a river trip. It had probably a hundred taps of lagery and bitter fizzy stuff, doubtless many "craft" beers, all round the wall. So I asked...did they do proper beer? The answer came back, yes they did, they had a proper hand pulled beer. But...only on a Tuesday at (IIRC) 5pm and only one barrel. When that was gone, that was it until the next week and for the rest of the time they only had the stuff that was on the taps. It was extremely popular so would sell out very quickly.

So if anyone wants to make a killing, open a bar in Vancouver with proper beer!

Bizarre - across the water Seattle has proper beer, not just craft lager masquerading as IPA.