For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Keef
Exactly. Quality of television programming seems to be inversely proportional to the number of channels on offer.
By Steve Morley
I had a conversation the other day with someone on how telly was so much better "in the good old days".
"What, in the good old days of "Love Thy Neighbour, Man about the House, Double your Money, Muffin the Mule, etc etc etc.

He went on to cite a nauseous amound of absolutely dire television.

The only way we can tell if today's telly is worse than thay of 20 years ago is to wait 20 years.

Yeah I know.
By Vince C
Steve Morley wrote: ......Muffin the Mule, etc etc etc.

Ooh eer Mrs! Don't tell the RSPCA :lol:

Vince
By Steve Morley
Seaman Staines, Roger the Cabin boy, Master Bates.

FILTH!!!!
By Timothy
I am not feeling very well and will shortly go to bed. These are the only circumstances under which I watch TV, and, ironically, it is then the high-numbered channels that I watch, things like The History Channel, Discovery and Discovery Wings. The low number channels just seem to be a complete waste of space now.
By Adam
Steve Morley wrote:Seaman Staines, Roger the Cabin boy, Master Bates.

FILTH!!!!

Nah Urban Myth I think!
By Timothy
The Captain Pugwash cartoon, which originally ran on the BBC between 1958 and 1967, is widely believed to have featured characters with risqu
By Adam
Thank you Timothy I think a retraction is called for SM otherwise this thread may be donked in the interest of preserving Flyer's Finances other wise known as the Seager Slush Fund! :D
By David Williams
So the Grauniad reported something about Master Bates when they meant "Master Mate". C'mon - it was obviously just a typo! :)
By Colonel Panic
Timothy wrote:... things like The History Channel, Discovery and Discovery Wings.

The only channel that I'd like to be able to watch that I can't now is Discovery Wings. But seeing as I do not want to desecrate the surroundings with an unsightly satellite dish, nor pay a sizeable subscription to Sky, it seems I'll just have to go without. Sulk. :(
By poetpilot
You're not missing a lot once you've watched it for a couple of weeks. It just repeats everything endlessly.
By Timothy
Colonel Panic wrote: an unsightly satellite dish, nor pay a sizeable subscription to Sky, it seems I'll just have to go without. (

Have you checked if it's on free to air digital?