For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
After losing all my mail completely from the off-line POP3 mail storage in my p.c. when with Win10, I opted for the popular Mozilla e-mail programme, I tried many others for a replacement.
The nearest I could find to the reliable, logical but outdated Outlook Express & it won't work on Win10, was the Win 10 freely bundled Windows Live Mail.
Generally it can be configured to look and work much the same. as O.e.
It has a couple of slow reactions, but after moving to it I admit it's not bad. It is quite good at doing e-mail address when you type in the beginning or even a name.

Worth a try if you have time to persevere with the aged rellies.

mike hallam.
Advice sought!

The new iPad has brought much joy to my elderly mother, and she is now a dab hand at playing 'patience/solitaire'. Having email has also been a boon to her, but I am now after getting her a simple printer that she can use to print off her Women's Institute and Bowls newsletters amongst other items.

A couple of friends have wireless printers which can print from mobile devices, but both have said the set up has been a nightmare.

The internet set up at her house is a BT Home Hub running 'Infinity' - she does not use another computer, only the iPad.

Many thanks.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Personally I would buy any 'Apple AirPrint' capable printer that has an ethernet port and plug directly in to the BT home hub assuming this is acceptable from a practical point of view. Avoid faffing with WiFi if you can.

This will need absolutely zero configuration and will just work.

And in terms of the printer, I'd just get a cheap mono laser printer as this will essentially be maintenance free and cost almost nothing to run.
Grelly liked this
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'd second Laser.....Intermittent-use inkjets dry and clog-up...last Epson, I stripped, soaked head in meths, pressure- flushed....perfect........for 2 days !

Secondhand OKI colour laser all-in-one, original box, user-manual and a set of spare refilled cartridges, under £30. needed a drum-reset ( parts on the bay) or PM me for a tiny fuse !...1/2 hour job, less if you see the Tube tutorials first.
photocopy, print, , never used the fax or scanner.
put back on Bay when it croaks or the consumables run out (but I buy recycled @ £10 or less, delivered. )

Mono lasers are unloved and unwanted. the bay sometimes has them with spare toners and they pass unsold @99p !