For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By T67M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bill Haddow wrote: Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

Surely that should be "Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Ουρανόςδαίμονας ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι? :wink:
By ChrisRowland
Chris Martyr wrote:
ChrisRowland wrote:If all else fails copy the quotation into Google, it's quite appropriate for Remembrance day.

Well , I would do Chris , but "my keyboard" isn't bright enough to do it .. :oops:

Select the text using the mouse.
Copy. Ctrl-C will do this.
Select the search text box.
Paste, Ctrl-V will do this.

Simple.
By kanga
T67M wrote:..
Surely that should be "Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Ουρανόςδαίμονας ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι? :wink:

but that wouldn't scan as dactylic hexameter .. :)

[my school was old-fashioned enough that all pupils had to be able to compose original verse in classical metres in Latin, and, for those doing Greek, also in Greek .. I enjoyed it :roll: ]
By RichardPearse
T67M wrote:
Bill Haddow wrote: Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

I wouldn't know. It's all Greek to me.
kanga, ArthurG, T67M and 3 others liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The Westmorland Flyer wrote:Dactylic, Paul, not electrolytic.

So the six ammeters thing is ok? :clown:

Dactylic? Sounds like a bit of a terror.