For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Have to stand up for Pete here.

Pete is a loveable and charming chap.

Internet postings do not always reflect correctly on the underlying persona.

E.g. people who only know me from the forums think I am nice and knowledgeable. Those who have met me know better.....

:D
Paultheparaglider, johnm, nallen and 2 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
In case anyone's interested it's worth mentioning that within three days of the vaccinations and within one day of each other both the little chaps ended up in hospital with breathing difficulties requiring steroids and inhalers

Coincidence or what?

Thankfully both back home now and slowly improving....

Peter
By JonathanB
Sorry to hear that, will certainly keep it in mind when it’s our turn. :(
By PaulB
PeteSpencer wrote:In case anyone's interested it's worth mentioning that within three days of the vaccinations and within one day of each other both the little chaps ended up in hospital with breathing difficulties requiring steroids and inhalers

Coincidence or what?

If they did give the schedule as recommended, then at least one of the vaccines is “a black triangle” drug (Pete will know what that means) and that potential adverse effects should be reported here. In fact hospitalisation sounds quite serious so it should probably be reported, black triangle or not. Reports can be made by anyone these days.

http://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk

Thankfully both back home now and slowly improving...

That’s good to hear...
By Flyin'Dutch'
Pete,

Glad to hear the chaps are on the mend, but sample sizes of two do not form a scientific basis for casting doubt on the worthwhile nature of vaccines including the risk/benefits.

I of course know nothing but October/November is the time of the year where bronchiolitis(RSV)/croup(PIV) is rife, giving respiratory issues.

;)
kanga, PeteSpencer liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:I of course know nothing but October/November is the time of the year where bronchiolitis(RSV)/croup(PIV) is rife, giving respiratory issues.

Yeah, my dad had recently spent a couple of days in hospital with it. They put it down to his asthma but I'm not convinced. He's fine again now.
Dave W liked this