For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Anyone got one? What do you think of it?

Thinking might be a good idea for security as I don't really want to fit up CCTV.
Any alternative ideas?
By seanxair
A techie mate of mine has one or similar and thinks it pretty good. Haven't read all the blurb here but I'm pretty sure his records on a loop possibly so he can see when his parcels have been lobbed across the gate.
By Nick T
JonathanB wrote:Anyone got one? What do you think of it?

Thinking might be a good idea for security as I don't really want to fit up CCTV.
Any alternative ideas?

I’ve had one for about a year. I find it great... no more deliveries returned to the delivery office, and it’s picked up the odd ‘going on’ at the front of the house.

Such as...

https://ring.com/share/2944624634

https://ring.com/share/6465928820084055971

I’d quite like to get one of the ‘stick up cam’ (or whatever the new version is)for round the back too.
eltonioni liked this
By bar shaker
I know what you mean Bill. My new passport was delivered yesterday, no signature required, yet it has taken two weeks to get 1m3 of logs delivered as they would not leave them without being signed for.
By romille
bar shaker wrote:I know what you mean Bill. My new passport was delivered yesterday, no signature required, yet it has taken two weeks to get 1m3 of logs delivered as they would not leave them without being signed for.

Clearly the log delivery man is just a planker!
bar shaker liked this
By Nick T
Bill McCarthy wrote:What happens if - "I'm sorry but you'l l have to sign for this parcel..............

I've just asked the postie (or whoever) to sign it themselves and leave it round the back. They've all seemed quite happy to :)
By matthew_w100
I'd have one, but I can't afford three hours flying for a doorbell. Certainly not one which looks like it cost about £3.50 to make but has had a "lifestyle" price tag attached.
By Mr Bags
Nick T wrote:I’d quite like to get one of the ‘stick up cam’ (or whatever the new version is)for round the back too.

My local hospital has one of those, quite an uncomfortable experience, but luckily nothing untoward found.
cockney steve, seanxair liked this
By PaulSS
A bit of a dim question but do these products communicate with the WWW via your home wireless network or do they have their own 4G-type connection? I'm just thinking of the WIFI ranges about my house where the cameras might be useful.
By cockney steve
^^^I was more concerned with it being so distinctive, the nefarious types would don a balaclava and disable it.
and, yes it is somewhat expensive, when you look at some of the other surveillance equipment.
By JonathanB
buzzman wrote:what's to stop someone nicking it?

Well it should record video of them doing it for starters, you report it to the police and then they will replace it for free with a theft report: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/artic ... -is-Stolen
bar shaker liked this