For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Bill Haddow
Leodisflyer wrote:The voting record of a certain group of British MEPs is quite shocking when you consider the fact that they voted against safer lorries. Current designs are so bad that drivers can’t see people immediately in front of them and they have huge blind spots at the side. All of this isn’t completely avoidable with modern designs and those designs would save lives.

Of all EU countries, only Sweden has a better road safety record than the UK, yet we have to make HGVs more expensive because of feckless continentals who won't enforce existing legislation nor adopt good practice.

Brexit cannot come soon enough.

" All of this isn’t completely avoidable with modern designs " Obviously.

Bill H
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Of all EU countries, only Sweden has a better road safety record than the UK, yet we have to make HGVs more expensive because of feckless continentals who won't enforce existing legislation nor adopt good practice.

So whose standards are we going to comply with when we build and sell those hundreds of thousands of HGVs after Brexit? :roll:

I suspect we might follow the same standards as MAN, Mercedes, Iveco Ford, Volvo etc.
By JoeC
Leodisflyer wrote:I don’t understand why anybody could object to legislation that would encourage and enforce future good design practice.

They only object if it doesn't come from someone with a bowler hat and cut glass accent.
By johnm
JoeC wrote:
Leodisflyer wrote:I don’t understand why anybody could object to legislation that would encourage and enforce future good design practice.

They only object if it doesn't come from someone with a bowler hat and cut glass accent.

It’s quite a long time since that was an issue, they are really trying to promote free trade without understanding that rules are needed to level the playing field and promote quality and safety.
By johnm
A lovely bunch I know :roll: