For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rupert S
I've started using Acuvue Advance just recently. A huge improvement I must say on the other soft lenses. They last two weeks at about
By ringo
i did used to wear the monthlys every day but they gave me a bit of trouble. They used to irritate the inside of my eyelid and i ended up having lumb growing from the bit just under my eye ball.
It burst one day and my eye filled with blood (it was pretty cool. like the start of a james bond film).
That's why i don't where them all the time anymore.......but i'm sure you'll be fine BR :lol:
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I use constant wear ones.

You pop them in and leave them in for a month.

Great and no hassle at all.

Key to success with contacts is to have a very good optician.
By Rupert S
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:I use constant wear ones.

You pop them in and leave them in for a month.

Great and no hassle at all.

Key to success with contacts is to have a very good optician.

My optician is also my CFI so I suppose it helps us to see eye to eye (excuse the pun). :grrr:
By Merlin83b
Those are the ones I tried, FD. Using your insider knowledge (?) is it the case, as I was told, that some people simply don't get along with them?
By cessna152towser
Build an airport at Lenzie (small town north-east of Glasgow) then ATC can request "Contact Lenzie(s) on one one eight decimal niner"
By TheKentishFledgling
Depends when you want them for. If you'll be wearing them every day, I think it's got to be monthlies. I pay 15 quid a month for mine, that includes solution etc etc.

Dailys I think only if you're not going to be wearing them every day - sounds stupid I know, but that's just my experience.

Now if you're feeling really brave, and want your eyes to stop getting any worse, go for the hard lense option. I did. Gave up :(

tKF
By Mark
Specsavers lenses are about
By Lodesman
I'm with PW, the very thought gives me the grues.

My frameless varifocals do me quite nicely thank you.

Mind you, have you ever tried reading an OAT unit mounted at the top of the canopy with varfocals ? Not easy.

I do realise I am in the minority, but, there you are
By Flyin'Dutch'
Mind you, have you ever tried reading an OAT unit mounted at the top of the canopy with varfocals ? Not easy.

L,

Has your mount not got the standard Robin panelmounted temperature gauge?

Only drawback of those is that you can't use them like the canopy mounted ones as an icing gauge!
By Rob P
TheKentishFledgling wrote:Now if you're feeling really brave, and want your eyes to stop getting any worse, go for the hard lense option. I did. Gave up :(

tKF

Take heart tKF

I have worn soft lenses for about twenty years and my eyesight is improving by the day.

The problem is that this is an age-related thing and all the rest of me is deteriorating at an accelerating rate.

Rob P
By leiafee
Propwash wrote:the very thought of putting a plastic lens (or whatever they're made of) in my eyes, and then trying to fish them out again, makes my stomach churn. Is it just me?

Definately not. The idea makes me wince too.
By Rob P
Propwash wrote:the very thought of putting a plastic lens (or whatever they're made of) in my eyes, and then trying to fish them out again, makes my stomach churn. Is it just me?

No it isn't.

I'd hate to put plastic lenses in your eyes and then have to fish them out again.

Rob P