For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By white light
Can someone technical please help?

Since updating my ipad to the latest IOS system, I seem to have lost the photo stream option in photos, so any pictures taken on my iphone & stored in the cloud cannot now be accessed on my ipad.

As far as I can see, the cloud options for the photos have been enabled in settings, but I can't see a way to access these photos.

Have I missed something obvious?
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Try this:

Settings > iCloud (in the bar with your name/icon) > iCloud > Photos > disable 'iCloud Photo Library' & make sure 'My Photo Stream' is enabled.
In icloud>photos, there is no option to 'disable icloud photo library'

I've already made sure that 'my photo stream' is enabled. In fact, all the settings have been disabled, then re-enabled, but to no avail - photostream is still missing :(

Thanks anyway for your help Graham, appreciated
By GrahamB
white light wrote:In icloud>photos, there is no option to 'disable icloud photo library'

Go and look on your phone, not your iPad.
iphone is set up correctly. Also, if I take a photo with the ipad, the iphone receives it via photostream, but it still won't work the other way around

Will have to assume that the fault is in the upgrade, (as it's not just me with the problem)

Anybody else experiencing this?
By PaulB
Gone are the days when I upgrade to a new version of iOS immediately. There are too many problems with early versions so I now wait.
By GrahamB
It does work.

I’ve just taken a photo on each of three devices (an iPad Air, an iPad Pro and an iPhone 6s) and in each case I watched the photos appear in the photo stream on the other devices. In one case it took a couple of minutes, though.

If you are out and about, images won’t transfer over 4G, and they’ll queue up until the respective device is on a WiFi network.