For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Genghis the Engineer
The wording seems ambiguous to me.

If it includes free site admission, then I may succumb. If it doesn't - then your Sally B approach seems utterly sensible.

G
By T67M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm seriously considering returning my FoD card right now (eight months left) and joining the SallyB society instead.
By Rob P
I'm sure that means something to someone, but it has me beat.

Rob P
By NickS
I notice that there is an option on the Sally B membership to renew life memberships. Is this in anticipation of reincarnation?

Regardless of the problems between the IWM and FoD, it is still a cracking day out. I hope that this is not putting anyone off flying in.
T67M liked this
By Rob P
Certainly wouldn't stop me, we are talking pennies anyway.

I'm just annoyed at IWM Central cutting off benefits mid-subscription.

Rob P
T67M liked this
By cockney steve
It's the principle!....taking money under false pretences / misrepresentation/ breach of contract......
However you try to excuse it, It's an ill-thought -through money-grabbing exercise which will surely bite them on the backside. What's the point of alienating some of the loyal core, in order to persuade more to join?....one look at the shabby treatment meted-out to "the old guard" will be enough to make many steer clear of being the next in line.
T67M liked this
By townleyc
I am afraid I didn't renew when they couldn't move my direct debit across.

Instead of sending me a new mandate I could complete and return, they wanted me to sign up again - and at that time the website didn't allow you to sign up, it just promised jam tomorrow.

Net result I have not renewed, and probably will not

KE