For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Oh the irony. :D

Sub-continent voice, allegedly from some organisation that will stop unwanted calls. Had my name and address details for me to confirm, then needed the expiry date on the debit card with which I pay my monthly BT bills.

I asked her how many people actually memorise the expiry dates of their credit and debit cards and she was insistent that she was only interested in debit cards. That's the point at which I cut her off.

Rob P

Afterthought. Didn't cards previously have an 'expiry' date? They seem now to have a 'expiration date' which presumably is when they start breathing? :shock:
Last edited by Rob P on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:Afterthought. Didn't cards previously have an 'expiry' date? They seem now to have a 'expiration date' which presumably is when they start breathing? :shock:

Yet another example of creeping Americanisation of the language.
The best think to do with these people (if you have the time) is to keep them on the phone as long as possible without giving any info.

Every minute they spend on the phone with you means a minute less for them to con some innocent old dear out of her money. If enough people did this, then their 'business' wouldn't be profitable :D
rikur_ liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Curiously enough these calls seem to target BT customers and I'm sure it's a coincidence that if you call BT for support you get a sub-continent call centre....... :roll: