For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Interesting - thanks for that. Over just under 3 years I have generated ~12.2kW / day on average (but the amount varies wildly), so a Hybrid car might be a possibility. Frustratingly I only have a buried 2kW wire from the main board to the garage, so presumably fast charging would be out of the question?
I've been looking today at secondhand Renault Zoe. A couple of grand cheaper than the Leaf.

My mission profile consists of 15-30 miles per day, say 400m per month, with no option to charge at work. At home, it will charge via 13A spur. The 8 mile journey has a mile of stop/start traffic at each end, hence the desire for a 2 pedal, no gears experience.

Currently, this journey is done with a diesel A6 at 43 mpg. This will be moved to the 2nd car role of 2k miles per year shopping trolley, but will still do the weekend 100 milers with boats and trailer. The current 2nd car, A SEAT Ibiza 1.2 will probably fetch £500.

Or, an old, sub £1k smart for the commute?

The car manufacturer I work for does not offer an EV/ Hybrid !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Now VW has a scrappage deal.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... ge-scheme/

VW’s scrappage scheme also applies to its Audi, Seat and Skoda brands and the company said when combined with government grants, up to £10,000 could be knocked off the price of its electric vehicles.
Bit late to the party JB but as the owner of a 66 plate Toyota Yaris I thought I would give you my two pennies :D

Despite the fact that Ridders originally christened it the granny car its surprisingly good, well equipped , and a very relaxing drive.
Don't believe the book figures for economy .. mine does just under 60mpg driven relatively conservatively (I'm an ex Ford ST hooligan !) but that is still not bad for petrol , its very comfortable , easy to park ( no jokes please !) and not that small , you would easily be able to get little one in and out of the back if you needed to , Isofix as standard so you are fine there.

Ridders is now completely converted although unwilling to give up his man truck to get one of his own :lol:

If you are in the vicinity of Sussex any time soon you are welcome to a test drive :thumleft:
Berri liked this