For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
All four Police forces in Wales are now accepting dashcam footage from members of the public who witness, or are involved in, incidents on the road. Prosecutions can, and are, being made using the evidence from dashcams operated by other drivers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40998946

Given the cut backs in road policing resources I suppose it was only a matter of time before the idea of 'contracting out' enforcement activity was considered.

Looks like they've hit the jackpot with this idea, we can police ourselves :naughty: at little cost to the local constabulary.

I'm sure the matter will see lively debate. :furious:
By eltonioni
This would wake you up. Manchester police apparently decided that they wouldn't be investigating because the cyclist didn't make a complaint.

By JoeC
I think this is great. Gives power back to those that stick by the rules and act reasonably. The cops should be forced to take this type of footage into account or themselves be charged with dereliction of duty (or something equally as dastardly). Anyone accused can mount a defence- we all make mistakes - but mounting the kerb to drive around someone is a deliberate act and should be punished.

The state seems happy to use cameras to give me points/fines when I have been speeding and I and have accepted my punishment. Let's share that thinking around a bit!
Charles Hunt liked this
By Cessna57
:thumleft: How many times have you said "I wish there were some police about" while someone drove like a ****.

Speed cameras just mean "do what you like, just don't speed", you can literally drive however you like, (and people do) the police have been replaced by speed cameras.

They'll be overwhelmed though, they'll not be able to process it all.
By Colonel Panic
Witnessed this eejit driving down the "on" ramp of J6 / M25 today; presumably he had already performed a U Turn in order to come back down, then proceeded to do a three point turn in the middle of the junction rroundabout. Folks eh? :roll: