For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OCB wrote:It was the Bulgarian Secret Service who dropped the ricin brolly trick, nothing to do with Mother Russia.

Gordievsky said that the KGB arranged the assassination for the Bulgarians to carry out.
kanga, tcinbg liked this
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There is at least one rogue state closer to home with nuclear weapons and a demonstrated penchant for extraterritorial action. I'm more worried about the fallout from them than the DPRK.

It took 25 years after Chernobyl for the restrictions on Welsh livestock to be ended*.

(*insert Welsh joke of your choice).
Last edited by Pete L on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like Irn Bru, and having Scottish parents, used to drink it a long time before it became popular further south. For a while not so long ago, they brought out a fiery version. Just as I became addicted to the stuff, they dropped it. I've not forgiven them.
By JoeC
Paultheparaglider wrote:I like Irn Bru, and having Scottish parents, used to drink it a long time before it became popular further south. For a while not so long ago, they brought out a fiery version. Just as I became addicted to the stuff, they dropped it. I've not forgiven them.

You can still get the fiery Irn Bru Paul:

https://www.whisky-online.com/
By OCB
Slag off the Wail if you want, this article is imho quite intelligent.
Maybe written by MI6 since they know The Fat Un reads the Wail?

The stupid graphics are there for click-bait, but the rest isn't so bad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4834706/How-does-West-neutralise-Kim-without-risking-world-war.html

My worry is that Herr Trump goes for a half baked limited strike in the hope of a decapitation strike. The US can get itself into horrible group think situations- from Bay of Pigs to Saddam=9/11, they don't have great form. The more wizened part of the Special Relationship is counting her days before she gets the Spanish Archer, and trying to cope with her poisoned chalice called Brexit.

We live in interesting times...

Forumites solutions welcome. We will knock the best 3 into shape and send them off to the UN (or SPECTRE) within a few days I reckon.
Dave Phillips wrote:If we’re to cease as a species in nuclear destruction, it will at least be heartening to know that it was caused by two of the most ridiculous people who ever lived.

That definitely counts me in.

Who's the other one?