For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Yep - I get what you are saying Jim, but do not underestimate the power of the current director.

I dont even pretend to understand high art - that ends up becoming
science, I have lost years of my life sans dive plan though...
Jim Jones wrote:Flying sequences excellent, no daft CGI impossible manoeuvres, all done with actual aircraft.

As long as you count models as real aircraft, which I guess is fair.

The Spitfire has a pretty impressive glide ratio.

I enjoyed the film. It wasn't what I was expecting., but entertaining definitely.

Rob P
Jim Jones wrote:Saw it today on IMAX., (essential I think).

Technically brilliant, storyline challenging, in that it intertwines events over 3 different time spans, so Yanks won't like it. No individual stars, so Yanks won't like it. Flying sequences excellent, no daft CGI impossible manoeuvres, all done with actual aircraft. Very British understatement. So Yanks won't like it.
No Yanks in it, so.....

The Yanks I know that have seen it loved it. Overawed by it. Humbled by it. Perhaps the Yanks I know are more aware than your "average" American.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Listening to the coverage on R4 from Dunkirk - Rob didn't get a mention for his marketing skills, one thing struck me.

Probably the biggest mistake by any politician in the last 70 years was picking up De Gaulle.
Rob P liked this