For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Boy, have they got that one wrong !

A load of luvvies who have never sat in 'World Traveller' class seats in their lives ?

Don't they realise that they can get the message across so much better by using modern-day computer graphics. [like a certain other airline]

Edited : Tut-tut,,,what was I thinking.. :oops:
Last edited by Chris Martyr on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Martyr wrote:
Or should I await the instructions of some little dippy-dolly who was working on the Boots No.7 counter 6 weeks ago......

I would definitely be listening to the trained flight attendants hoping that's there's no simple minded dangerous know it all macho swinging dicks on board to make any incident worse.
avtur3, kanga, nallen and 5 others liked this
By Josh
Chris Martyr wrote:As for "follow the cabin crew"..........Don't worry , I'll be out the nearest exit like a shot.

Or should I await the instructions of some little dippy-dolly who was working on the Boots No.7 counter 6 weeks ago...... :shock:

Those dippy-dollies resisting a crowd of passengers making short-sighted attempts to be out of the nearest exit like a shot probably saved the lives of all on board in Las Vegas. If that is the level of respect you show to those looking after you you must be a joy to wait on.

Yours, a lazy, overpaid and chinless bus driver.
JoeC, Flyin'Dutch', kanga and 5 others liked this
By kanga
Chris Martyr wrote:..

Or should I await the instructions of some little dippy-dolly who was working on the Boots No.7 counter 6 weeks ago...... :shock:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Jane_Harrison
PeteSpencer, Josh, GrahamB and 2 others liked this
By kanga
Josh wrote:Thanks for sharing that kanga. I didn't know her story - what an astonishing act of bravery.

It was also noticeable, much more recently, that the Captains both of the Hudson Airbus and the LHR BA B777, both efficiently evacuated with almost no injury, made a point at all their press conferences of playing tribute to the efficient professionalism of all their crew, explicitly including the cabin crew. They urged the media not to attribute the outcomes only to the skills of the Captain (of which, of course, the media took no notice :roll: ). Just like the pilots, the cabin crew are trained most importantly for the few minutes of extreme exertion which most will never have to face.

:thumright:
Josh wrote: you must be a joy to wait on.

Ok, I'll come clean . Maybe I was generalising a bit too broadly there [hick :D ]
Actually Josh , these days when I utilise the aluminium tube torture it is usually with staff travel concessions and I can promise you it is with a low profile indeed because if they find out what you do [or even worse , recognise you] you can get lumbered with fixing vacuum bogs that don't flush, re-booting IFE systems or [one for the bus drivers] carrying out CID's 1&2 resets. The ambushes are endless , so I do try to be a joy to wait on.
But in minor mitigation , I do still maintain that standards have slipped somewhat over the years , unfortunately they're not all good class gels from Gerards Cross or Stoke Poges anymore.
Anyway , post edited. And Stevelup , you're quite right , my account was hacked by demons. :D
Josh, JoeC liked this