For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Let's face it, I reckon most of us older Tom Baker fans (you realise he was the best doctor don't you, closely followed up by John Pertwee only let down by a car called 'Bessie') will be taking a look at this New Doctor.

I say give her a chance.

She has to be better than the last few incarnations.
Hopefully the current companion with the wild hair will get the chop at the same time and be replaced.
chevvron liked this
By Pete L
I'm hoping both companions are for the vortex. I dislike actors who are themselves in everything they do - Kenneth Branagh, Stephen Fry, Matt Lucas.
PaulB liked this
By PaulB
...not sure that Jodie Whitaker will fall into that category
By Cessna57
I was completely against it, until I saw the reaction of that young girl on the Last Leg.

Then I realised I may be a dinosaur, questioned myself and changed my views.

Completely and utterly for it now :thumleft: :thumleft:
By Rob P
Ridders wrote:... Tom Baker fans (you realise he was the best doctor don't you, closely followed up by John Pertwee)

Oh Ridders, rarely have you spoken such bollox.

Rob P
By Genghis the Engineer
Male/female argument notwithstanding, I'm an unashamed and largely uncritical fan of the show and have been since the latter days of Jon Pertwee when I started watching it and had got big enough to hide behind the sofa from the Daleks (actually the first monsters I remember where giant spiders). As such, I just watched the first trailer for this year's Christmas special and will just be excitedly waiting for it for the next 5 months, rediscovering my inner small boy.

There are all sorts of arguments available about what defines science fiction. For me, the best and simplest is that it's fiction that starts with the question "what if?". I think that definition fits absolutely every aspect of Dr. Who - past, and future.

G
leiafee, Mike Tango liked this
By kanga
Bill Haddow wrote:Dr Who is not even a Time Aristo or Time Peer, never mind a Time Lady. He is a Time Lord, so male.

Bill H

er, we've had female First Lords of the Treasury, a Lord Chancellor, a Lord Speaker, and severals Lords Provost .. don't see a problem with having a Time Lord as well :)
nallen liked this
By nallen
Bill Haddow wrote:Dr Who is not even a Time Aristo or Time Peer, never mind a Time Lady. He is a Time Lord, so male.

The Queen is the Lord of Mann, so that presumably makes her a chap …
By Mike Tango

Bill H

Err no, he (for the time being anyway) is a fictional character so can be whatever the writers want him/her/it to be.
Dave W, kanga liked this
By Cessna57

Bill H

Erm, you are aware the Dr is not human, and even has 2 hearts.

I fail to see where your earth constitution applies to Time Lords of the Universe.

:lol:
Mike Tango, kanga liked this
By scottish_ppl
No strong opinion on female doctor or not, but if its meant to be drama and not bad comedy, Matt Lucas needs to go..

However as I haven't watched much since Tom Baker left, (except the first of the reboot series), I'm not the target demographic...
By eltonioni
Surely the most notable aspect of the new Doctor is that she's from Yorkshire.

:)
PaulB liked this
By haggis
From Yorkshire!

So everything done on the cheep. Can't wait to see re processed Daleks and the like out of old WW11 junk. Pay their turn but not out of their turn. Role on oblivion.