For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Must be spending too much time in the car. Wondering if there is a better word the Satnav manufacturer could use than "Favourites" for oft-visited workplaces.

Favourites doesn't cut it. Favourites would be the airfield, the pub, the local curry house, Big Sadie's Dungeon, ...I could go on...

And while I'm in heat related rant mode, why the Metoffice forecasts so conservative now. Bottled out on East Mids because of low overcast and thunderstorms in the TAF, and it was gin clear at both ends of the day. Grrr.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob L
Pete L wrote: Big Sadie's Dungeon

Is that Viv's new work with horses? Or the leather, crops & saddlery thereof? :?

I think the heat's getting to your imagination, Pete :eye:
By kanga
The Menu on both our newer and our older SatNav has 'recently found', which is at least accurate. Destinations are listed in most-recently-selected order, so a place not visited for a while takes a bit of scrolling down, and reentering is often easier
By Genghis the Engineer
Markers, destinations or waypoints would, I suppose, all be workable names.

Yes, do tell us about Big Sadie's dungeon, I'm fascinated.

G
By avtur3
ISTR that a previous TomTom I had allowed me to set up a folder withing Favourites where I was able to store work related destinations under a more appropriate heading.
By GrahamB
Chris Martyr wrote:Does she do house calls ?

And are you on her 'Favourites' list?
By Chris Martyr
GrahamB wrote:And are you on her 'Favourites' list?

Strange,,,I can't remember her taking down my particulars.

And I certainly wasn't aware that she had stored my Lat/Longs.

Perhaps she's scammed the drop-down on my 'tools' section without me knowing.