For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By AerBabe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yet another question about hifis... for those of you with pets as well as an enjoyment of high quality sound.

I'm slightly concerned about keeping dog hair out of the CD & amp - we keep the house clean and the dogs groomed, but there's still a certain amount of fluff. For comparison, My PC tower sits on my desk and I blow it through with compressed air once or twice a year. I imagine that blowing through hifi kit isn't to be advised.

Looking at stands, they're all completely open. There are very few options with doors; none of which I particularly like... or they're stupidly expensive.

a) Should I not worry too much & get the kit professionally cleaned if it's ever a problem?
b) Should I not worry too much & blow it through myself occasionally?
c) Should I definitely get something enclosed?

TIA...
By nallen
If you have a turntable and the stylus starts to skip because of an accumulation of dog hair caught in it, that could be God's way of telling you to vacuum more often. (She moves in mysterious ways.)
By rikur_
AerBabe wrote:I imagine that blowing through hifi kit isn't to be advised.

why? whilst I don't routinely go round cleaning out the hifi, when I do clean out electrical equipment I usually give it a blast with compressed air - can't immediately think why I would treat the hifi differently?

alternatively, turn up the volume and burn off the dust ;-)