For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By rikur_
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My study/office accidentally has quite a heat resistant design .... it has a high vaulted ceiling (to allow future mezzanine storage) with a velux window, and a 4ft x 2ft chimney breast running through it - which is solid concrete, except for the inner flue .... plenty of thermal mass from the chimney, and you can feel the thermal draw through the velux
By AerBabe
nallen wrote:Inhabit a medieval fortification with walls 1.5–2 m thick

I used to rent a very old cottage with thick walls. Working from home one June day I was so cold I had a jumper on and the fire lit. Imagine my surprise when my mum emailed me complaining about the weather. I stuck my head outside to find scorching sun and temps around 28C. :lol:
By nallen
JoeC wrote:Nick uses a pike.

Only when my halberd is in for repair.

(I do have pitchfork for when the urge to rouse an unruly mob and storm the castle yonder gets too great.)
By OCB
nallen wrote:
JoeC wrote:Nick uses a pike.

Only when my halberd is in for repair.

(I do have pitchfork for when the urge to rouse an unruly mob and storm the castle yonder gets too great.)

Get yourself "Hafted Weapon Repair for Dummies". In Scotland you'd be the laughing stock of the schiltrum if you actually paid someone to service your pike, lochaber axe or whatever

:thumright: