For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
I have often been to the IoM and done a few laps on mad Sunday. The mother in law lived in Ramsey.

Our handyman at work was down to race as a sidecar passenger. He was ill and someone took his place. The substitute was killed when another sidecar landed on him. Tony had years of guilt.
These guys are bloody heroes. At least , to me they are.
Considering the performance and technology levels of these outfits , these people really are the unsung heroes of motorsport.
Forget the Superbikes ! The guys who ride solo road-racers are probably only a bit bonkers.
The guys who do sidecars are just totally bonkers , but the admiration I have for them is immeasurable.
In my village in Sussex there is a Manxman named Paul Neale , with whom I've downed a pint or two over the years :wink: Paul did 10 years as a driver and another 10 years in the chair for Dave Molyneaux , he's a 60+ something year old , softly spoken , quiet and modest bloke , but when you 'open him up' , some of the things he'll tell you will make you wonder how on earth some of these guys are still alive ,,[many of course aren't]

As for the thread title, "fantastic competitive fun" , no way ! It would scare the cr@p outta me.

I think I'll stick with flying a wood/fabric, VW powered homebuild. Far safer ! But then again , I am a devout coward. :shock:
I did like the story of the sidecar racer this year, who started the bike up on the morning of practice and all the electronics gave up. Without enough time to fix them, he reverted the bike to basics, no limiters, no quick shift, no blipper.

Did his fastest ever lap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro