For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By MercianMarcus
Steve

Have you considered buying a second pair of pants so you have a wash and a wear? With some careful planning. you could double the life of your underwear.

ASIDE: Who remembers that period in the early 80's when it was fashionable to not wear any pants under jeans?

MM
By Chris Martyr
stevelup wrote:Anyway, enough rambling. Where to buy decent undies?

Aha,,,,,,,,,,,a rambler eh ? Didn't know they had underwear issues too..... :D

I've seen them in my Local,,,,perverts the lot of 'em ! They eat their own sandwiches , drink from their own thermos flasks ! As for their footwear ? Don't even ask,,,,,,,,,,,,

Do they need decent underwear ? ,,,,,,,I thought that was why they tucked their trousers into their socks .

Can't believe I've responded to this one,,,,,,,,perhaps I should just stick to the aviation section.

I mean...: ..Why front up to someone else's problem. .[ :oops: ]
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Actually, now that you mention it, I was in M&S the other day, and didn't like the look of any of their socks.

Trying to think now where my socks *did* come from, though I have various ones dating back to the 1980s.
By flybymike
stevelup wrote:It's the balls of the feet that fail first every time.

From the opening three words I wasn't sure whether you were talking about socks or pants.
By chevvron
Aviation wise, years ago when Ireland were playing France at rugby, The Smalls was used as a reporting point for France bound traffic.
By chevvron
lobstaboy wrote:I've no idea where mine come from. Shall I ask the head buyer when she gets in from work?

Funny, I thought it was only me who's 'boss' decided what knickers and socks I would wear. :twisted:
Socks wise, she long ago decided that if all my socks were black, it would solve problems of 'pairing' them when they came out of the washing machine. (Sainsburys/TU £8 for 8 pairs)
By PeteSpencer
I've still got a drawer full of black 'work socks' that haven't been used in anger since I retired over 11 years ago....

Time for a sort out methinks :roll:
By morticiaskeeper
chevvron wrote:Socks wise, she long ago decided that if all my socks were black, it would solve problems of 'pairing' them when they came out of the washing machine.

I'm afraid that doesn't work.

All my summer work socks are Everlast, some are a couple of years old, some are a couple of months old. They 'look' the same.

When it comes to pairing, one foot spends the working day being abraded by the thinnest, roughest material known to science, while the other foot rests in a bed of luxury. I'm not sure whether SWMBO does this deliberately :-)

I have suggested 'going shopping' a buying ten pairs, leaving them in the car until every existing sock has been hunted down and burnt, then introduce the fluffy loveliness to the household, thereby keeping control on the wear process.

Apparently, that is a bad idea, wasteful.
By stevelup
MercianMarcus wrote:Have you considered buying a second pair of pants so you have a wash and a wear? With some careful planning. you could double the life of your underwear.

That's the distressing thing (if it is even possible to be distressed by such a thing) - I have eight pairs! So generously assuming six months is an acceptable lifespan, that should be four years worth!
By stevelup
KingJames wrote:Is there a tumble drier to blame for the short lifetime?

I always use the dryer... Not a fan of cardboardy feeling line dried clothes. I suppose it could be weakening them...
By stevelup
AerBabe wrote:Smalls, did you say?

Lovely bloke that he is, I don't think I could live my life knowing he was constantly inside my trousers.