For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I detest CAT airports with a passion and if i'm going 12 hours or more it's business class or don't go, otherwise premium economy. I never go short haul as if it's short haul I'll fly myself or drive myself or go by train
By Rob L
skydriller wrote:I have kids, but god help me the one thing i detest on flights anywhere is screaming babies or kids, doesnt matter if its 1hr or 10hrs, KEEP them the FECK QUIET!!!!

For myself the biggest change in commercial aviation since i started flying for work is the airport experience, which has literally turned me into a prospective terrorist every time i pitch up for a flight, despite an almost 20year frequent flyer history with a couple of airlines. I have never understood why this data cant be used by the security people to show im not a risk... :roll:

Regards, SD..

I don't like screaming babies either, but it is a bit hard for some parents to deal with them, and it is not against the law to take them on board. (and if from TOD, parents may not know about eardrums...many airlines used to dish out small sweets to children so that they would inadvertently equalise ear pressure).

I raise my eyebrows somewhat :| at the "moaners" on this thread. We are flyers and mostly pilots. If you don't like being on CAT, don't get on. We are in the position to take ourselves there under our own steam, shirley?

Rob
By Rob P
Rob L wrote: If you don't like being on CAT, don't get on.

A little bit earlier Rob P wrote: I am not in Australia now because I couldn't face the thought of two x 19 hour flights to accompany Mrs P to her high school reunion.

Rob P
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob L wrote:I don't like screaming babies either, but it is a bit hard for some parents to deal with them, and it is not against the law to take them on board.

But perhaps it should be... :twisted: Especially as there are some parents that dont even attempt to try to control their offspring... :roll:

Rob L wrote:many airlines used to dish out small sweets to children so that they would inadvertently equalise ear pressure..

Actually, some still do - Flybe springs to mind. :thumleft:

Rob L wrote: If you don't like being on CAT, don't get on.

Unfortunately some of us dont get a choice if we want to earn a living...And im a bit old to be changing professions now...

Regards, SD..
Flyin'Dutch' liked this