For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By chevvron
The birds extra active with this warm weather; I've seen at least 2 butterflies in the garden this morning.
But how do I deter those bloody parakeets from coming in and gobbling up all the food I leave out for the other birds?
Last edited by chevvron on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Get an air rifle and shoot 'em
By Bert Presley
chevvron wrote:But how do I deter those bloody parakeets

Had to re-read that. Parakeets?

I now have this picture of you wiping sweat from your brow as you heft a machete to clear the jungle to get to the bird-feeders.
By chevvron
Bert Presley wrote:
chevvron wrote:But how do I deter those bloody parakeets

Had to re-read that. Parakeets?

I now have this picture of you wiping sweat from your brow as you heft a machete to clear the jungle to get to the bird-feeders.

Ring knecked parakeets. Some dickhead released a pair in somewhere like Surbiton many years ago and now they've spread over most of west Surrey (down to Leatherhead) and Berkshire- there's a thriving colony in Windsor Great Park.
Being not native to the country, they have no natural predators and will even take on jackdaws and woodpeockers to get at my feeders.
By Cessna57
I once saw a bunch of parrots flying overhead in the Yorkshire Dales.

Parrots / parakeets I'm not sure, but definitely something strange and exotic.

"Aye, they visit sometimes"

Saw some parakeets in North London when I was a kid, and no one would believe me !