For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have a .co.uk and .com domain currently managed by freeparking.co.uk and soon about to expire.

The main use at the moment is to maintain the associated email addresses reliably and to keep the domain names available for possible later use.

Who would the team recommend as a possible cost-effective alternative? I'm not wedded to leaving the existing provider, but looking for options.

Thanks in advance.
By rikur_
I've been content with Easily.co.uk since they launched 20 years ago ..... not the cheapest, but reasonable price, owned/backed by NetNames. Reasonable level of control over DNS settings, mail forwarding, etc. I've tried several cheaper ones over the years, and they all seem to vanish giving me a couple of months notice to shift my domains elsewhere - I can't be bothered with the hassle now of chasing the best deals.
Dave W liked this
FWIW I have recently moved my "placeholder" domains from Just-The-Name who are closing down to https://www.123-reg.co.uk . So far so good - the transfer was smooth, and their prices are even less than JTN's.

Currently 34sp.com and Krystal.co.uk are in the frame for my more important domains, as they require more mailboxes +/or websites, but am being helped and guided by a forumite offline. :thumleft: .
Dave W liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
Do not use Easyhost. They lie when their gear fails and they made it very difficult to move my domain names hindering each and every process.
I am now with GoDaddy. Much cheaper and so far very good. The spam filter on email has a high default though.
Dave W liked this
By riverrock
I've a few domains parked with 1and1. Never had a problem with them, although their website can get a bit cluttered and can get confused between forwards / redirects and actual accounts on a domain. They have a lot of different options, so check carefully. The facilities I bought for domains a long time ago is different from the facilities they they provide for newly aquired domains now - which can cause some confusion, even though i was looking for the same service for all of them.
Dave W liked this
I would say Go Daddy or NameCheap. If you are looking to save money I would say look at some alternatives such as shared hosting. Where you share the hardware for the server with other users. It all depends on your needs. If you are expecting a lot of traffic it would obviously be a different setup then if you aren't expecting a lot of traffic if you are price conscious.
Dave W liked this