For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
a) Settings -> Siri -> Access When Locked
b) I guess just add a home phone number into your own entry in the Contacts?

For the Medical ID option on the Emergency page of the lock screen go into the Health app and then Medical ID, click Edit and then turn on Show When Locked. Add some details for emergency contacts and whatever other info might be useful... (The idea being if you're found unconscious then people can check for any medical conditions etc. but might helpful to get in touch with you if you lose your phone too...)
By cockney steve
Do First Responders really faff about with phones? Do they look first for a "medical alert " necklace- pendant?.. do they look for a medical- alert bracelet?

Blimey! it's looking like a Pilot Aware,/Flarm/mode S/ other scenario. :wink:
By JonathanB
No idea, but it might be useful to have some emergency contacts available, even if later down the line...
Nick liked this
stevelup wrote:
The device is useless anyway - may as well use it as a coaster :)

Not so sure it's useless...this firm:

https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/

claim to be able to remove the iCloud/activation lock on an iDevice, as well as offering a reasonable price for network unlocking.
Haven't tried them myself (and have absolutely no connection with the company), but it could be a cheap way of obtaining an otherwise costly iDevice.
By stevelup
Interesting... I wondered how they did the unlocking:-

Unlockers Required

Do you work, or do you know someone who works, in the unlocking department within a network, or has access to IMEI whitelisting for iPhones? We are always looking to bring new networks online. Are you looking to earn extra money? We pay very attractive prices for our unlockers on a per-unit basis, and we are always looking for new people to work with us to help drive competition and to spread risk. We require iPhone unlocks for all networks worldwide.

That's well dodgy - looks like they dish out backhanders to dishonest employees of the phone networks!

Doesn't explain the activation lock bypassing though... That would need an insider at Apple.
By PeteSpencer
stevelup wrote:Interesting... I wondered how they did the unlocking:-

That would need an insider at Apple.

ISTR the FBI/CAA nearly came to blows last year with Apple who wouldn't unlock the phone of an arrested alleged terrorist.

I was staggered at the time that they didn't have anyone in house who was up to the job...

Perhaps what they say about Putin and the Russians is true...

Peter
By mick w
stevelup wrote:Interesting... I wondered how they did the unlocking:-

Unlockers Required

Do you work, or do you know someone who works, in the unlocking department within a network, or has access to IMEI whitelisting for iPhones? We are always looking to bring new networks online. Are you looking to earn extra money? We pay very attractive prices for our unlockers on a per-unit basis, and we are always looking for new people to work with us to help drive competition and to spread risk. We require iPhone unlocks for all networks worldwide.

That's well dodgy - looks like they dish out backhanders to dishonest employees of the phone networks!

Doesn't explain the activation lock bypassing though... That would need an insider at Apple.

Or just get a Core Processor :thumright: