For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
His most important issue seems to be whether he had more spectators than Obama and as far as he's concerned reality is whatever he just tweeted :roll:

Once more we find that truth is stranger than fiction.....
By PaulB
He appears to be still tweeting from his personal account. I'd have thought he'd have been stopped from doing that?
By JoeC
johnm wrote:His most important issue seems to be whether he had more spectators than Obama and as far as he's concerned reality is whatever he just tweeted :roll:

Once more we find that truth is stranger than fiction.....

He and his spokesperson are utterly delusional.
By JonathanB
I guess they were counting everyone watching on TV around the world? (Perhaps in case something unexpected happened?)
By SteveN
I think if you had been trashed by a liberal establishment media for 2 years you might be fed up with it too.
Like Farage he talks openly about all those elephants in the room.

If you had a 12 year old covert audio of a private 'mantalk' conversation used against you for political gain then you might also be ready to get even.

They have speculated openly about him being assassinated.

Some of their sicker media have even picked on his young son. I bet whoever thought of doing that will be sleeping lightly from now on.

Yesterday 500,000 liberals protested that their woman did not win the election.

So mainly women protested against a POTUS who has vowed to wipe out ISIS the epitome of misogyny ????

Some might call that media brainwashing.

Definitely popcorn out for the next 4 years.
Last edited by SteveN on Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AFSAG liked this
By KingJames
Completely agree on the popcorn for 4 years or so. The bit that worries me is that he might have a point about the more typically acceptable media brands and government organisations, I'm still reflecting on the eye opener that was Brexit and the way various individuals and organisations naturally formed two very different 'truths' with assistance from the media.

At least he hasn't mentioned chemtrails yet.
AFSAG, Spooky liked this
By riverrock
I thought Mr Trump's priority was Mr Trump? Beyond that, he likes to contradict himself in alternative tweets and on alternative days, so I don't know about any of his actual policies.

I will say, the leftist media and he don't get along, but he does pick odd things to get annoyed about. Its almost as if he wants to attack anything which might affect his ego.
The number of people who turn out for an inauguration? Meaningless.
johnm liked this
By johnm
Since when did liberal become a pejorative term in a civilised society?

Liberal - willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
Coupled with a willingness to defend those values against the narrow minded, reactionary and bigoted.

Trump is plainly narcissistic and a loose cannon with views about some groups that are less than civilised. If he wants to attack groups who are bigoted and dangerous there are plenty to choose from in the Christian Right within the USA , America first after all.
eltonioni liked this
By PaulB
Is he mellowing in his old age?

By johnm
One Swallow doesn't make a summer, but Swallows are always welcome.
By Rob L
SteveN wrote:<snip> Some might call that media brainwashing..</snip>

(my snip above)

The Americans, as a nation, are brainwashed by the media, politicians and the many religious establishments.

As individuals, at least those I have met, most of them are nice people.
But they are easily led.
johnm liked this