For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kanga wrote:Needs HDMI cable 'supplied (except in UK/Eire)'

stevelup wrote:Don't spend more than £2 on one...

I've just bought a HDMI cable for my Raspberry Pi as I didn't have one up here in Wales. I had a look on e-bay. I wanted a 3m cable. I found a UK supplier supplying one for 99p including postage. That was too good to be true, surely, the postage would cost more than that?! So I ordered two.

Two days after, a package arrived. I opened it and there were three 3m HDMI cables in it. I looked at the e-bay listing as I was sure I had only ordered two. It was buy 2 get 1 free. So I got 3x3m HDMI cables for £1.98 including UK postage. :shock: :D

This is the item if anyone's interested.
By seanjd
The current Skoda advert with Sir Bradley Wiggins :!:
He says
It's important to make your own choices

Yeah, like he used his own money :evil:
By kanga
Joe Dell wrote:The Struts 4 U header in the LAA magazine. I cringe every time I see it. What ten year old thought that one up?

The ten or more year old who guessed or judged, in the case of this member correctly, that some members might enjoy reading about life in the Struts. I was happy to see something other than messages from the Centre, however useful or meritorious they might be. Each to their own ? :)
By Rob P
I think the complaint was about the title "Struts 4 U" not the content.

Rob P
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Cake, you say?

rf3flyer wrote:'Community' as a catch-all group noun.

"Community leader".

I'm still not sure who mine is and how they are supposed to tell me what to do.
By Charles Hunt
Cartyres.com

ordered a pair a week ago for 9.30 to 10.30 today.

Arrive at Halfords to be told it will be hours before they can do them, then 10 mins later get a call to say they haven't got any and there's only one in the country.

Alternatives now ordered through Blackcircles.