Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
  • 1
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 28
User avatar
By kanga
#1517804
seanjd wrote:HR :x
WTF is the purpose of any Human Resources Department :?


My professional (CIPD) HR contact might say that it is to try to prevent colleagues from actionable errors in management practices, and to try to dig them out of their holes when they still do. .. :wink:
User avatar
By T67M
#1517845
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:
seanjd wrote:HR :x
WTF is the purpose of any Human Resources Department :?


It were called "Personnel" in my day lad.


That's a different department. Personnel existed to protect the employee. HR exists to protect the company.
cockney steve, seanjd, skydriller and 1 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
#1517930
sign on back of HGVs:

" If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you"

What bollox: they may not be able to see me in person but they sure as hell can see my 'kin great car sticking out....

Peter :wink:
By PeteSpencer
#1517945
Waveflyer wrote:Car drivers that moan about lorry drivers but wouldn't have the ............... to do the job. :)


Wouldn't want to mess with you of all people W-F:

It was the sign not the lorry driver that is senseless:

Bit like the " Well Driven? Phone xxxxxx" signs.
Waveflyer liked this
User avatar
By Waveflyer
#1517946
PeteSpencer wrote:Wouldn't want to mess with you of all people W-F.

Glad about that.

Hate it when I come second :D
User avatar
By Flyin'Dutch'
#1517947
PeteSpencer wrote:
Waveflyer wrote:Car drivers that moan about lorry drivers but wouldn't have the ............... to do the job. :)


Wouldn't want to mess with you of all people W-F:

It was the sign not the lorry driver that is senseless:

Bit like the " Well Driven? Phone xxxxxx" signs.



Pete, not everyone drives a mahussive Krautmobile/Volvo, people with poxy small cars also go too close to lorries.

An empty artic will have more braking action and slow down faster than a normal car.

FD (resting HGV/PCV driver)
User avatar
By Pete L
#1517965
Moving a vintage aircraft into a hangar at 0.00001 mph and finding you've still managed to knock half a wing off. :D

Image

With apologies to WaveFlyer - the full sequence shows the aircraft fully intact, and I look forward to seeing the full job on the TV.
kanga liked this
User avatar
By Waveflyer
#1517967
Pete L wrote:Moving a vintage aircraft into a hangar at 0.00001 mph and finding you've still managed to knock half a wing off. :D

Pete, they wouldn't listen, I told them they were going too fast :roll:
johnm, Flyin'Dutch', Pete L liked this
User avatar
By The Kissimmee Bum
#1518027
T67M wrote:
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:
seanjd wrote:HR :x
WTF is the purpose of any Human Resources Department :?


It were called "Personnel" in my day lad.


That's a different department. Personnel existed to protect the employee. HR exists to protect the company.


I believe that "personnel" morphed into HR as a result of a rebranding exercise some time in the late 20th century. Adoption of an Americanism no doubt.
  • 1
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 28