For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By kanga
Rob P wrote:I think the complaint was about the title "Struts 4 U" not the content.

Rob P

ah, I see. Sorry :oops: . I had not even noticed that title, so had not been annoyed by it. Now that it has been pointed out to me, I can say that I would not have written it nor as Editor probably passed it, but being a generally placid type I am not 'annoyed'. Again, each to their own
By JoeC
Thumbs up for Blackcircles too. I was very wary ordering tyres from the net and having them delivered to a garage I didn't know for fitting. They we're delivered to the right place at the right time and the local garage that fitted them were very friendly and professional - complete opposite to the usual sharks at Kwikfit/Charlie Browns.
Last edited by JoeC on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
... hands? Or do you think there's more than one Thelma? (capitalisation also missing, I guess)

I've seen worse. In fact, I find the cake facade rather more aesthetically offensive than Thelma's handiwork... We have a long-running argument with our local planners to actually enforce some of the local regulations which exist regarding signage - flashing LEDs and backlit nastiness do not in general work well with Victorian surroundings - if ever!
By Mr Bags
Blue flashing lights on emergency vehicles at night. I understand they need to be extremely bright so they are clearly visible in daylight, but wish they would 'auto dim' for night use! I don't recall being particularly bothered by them in the past.
Boxkite liked this
By ChampChump
Not just the blue ones, but the orange ones that can be seen from ten miles away. Night vision destroyed as one aproaches...
By matthew_w100
Oh yeah - the eye level flashing yellow ones on slow vehicles that you can't pass and therefore have to stare at. Completely pointless, even dangerous.

And people who put their hazards on when parked. And then someone else parks behind them, so all you can see is their pulling-out indicator. You know I mean you, Mr Bus-man.

And coat hangars.
By Barcli
matthew_w100 wrote:Oh yeah - the eye level flashing yellow ones on slow vehicles that you can't pass and therefore have to stare at. Completely pointless, even dangerous.

ChampChump wrote:the orange ones that can be seen from ten miles away. Night vision destroyed as one aproaches...

For me its the blinding bright orange strobe effect ones at night - as ChampChump describes - destroying your night vision - when you eventually pass ( covering one eye inorder to see) you find its a perfectly normal flat bed recovery vehicle with a car on the flat bed - BIG DEAL !! why all the f%%••ng absurd lights
By kanga
As explained to me by a lawyer (I am not one) a while ago, it is very difficult in UK to get effective redress in civil or criminal law in this country for malicious or even wholly mendacious stories in the print media if the victim is an adult who is in any way 'in the public eye', nor even for any adult relative or personal/business contact of such an adult. There is a bit more notional protection for children, particularly with respect to clear photography, but still not much. Recent court cases have also shown that journalists also have little to fear from collusion with others in criminal action to obtain core information contributing to such stories, which may then still be malicious or mendacious. Obviously, online media are wholly out of control.

All of which means that I do get annoyed when online or print media pursue, embellish and publish such malicious or mendacious stories about relatives or contacts of the principal targets of some campaign of theirs. Yes, I do personally know some wholly innocent victims of such. I am sorry to say that I have very occasionally even seen allusions to such malice or mendacity in some Forum postings. :roll:
By Miscellaneous
When call centre employees' (100% so far) say M for Mike, W for Whiskey…no, I say, it's Mike for M and Whiskey for W. I'm also running at a 100% rate of a silent response. :lol:
By ChampChump
Southern Water, or an agency employed by it, ringing me up to see if my query was resolved satisfactorily did not annoy me too much. Yes, it was, but if things were tickety boo I'd not have had the query in the first place, so maybe 8/10.

A few days later a call from a Birmingham number, surveying to discover exactly the same thing. That really annoyed me.

I now want to berate the water company for wasting our money on agencies, presumably so they can claim 'rated 4-5 stars by our customers' or the like.

If they hadn't done what we agreed, if I wasn't satisfied, they'd have certainly been told.
If they want positive feedback, a simple question via e-mail would suffice and cost next to nothing. Or include it with the paper statements, twice a year.
Calling me on the mobile not once, but twice, is absurd, especially when the questions are designed to produce a very simplistic result.

And... AFAIK I don't think I have the option of getting my water services from elsewhere.

It's not a hate, like litter, but it is an annoyance worthy of a minor rant. Done. Thank you.