For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By AerBabe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:It's a pity that Aerbabe's Morely got singed. It and Dave's Spitfire would have been a re-enactment of the old Spridget v Spitfire rivalry.

Morley is currently residing at the Haynes Motor Museum, awaiting de-singeing. :thumleft:
By avtur3
My local council (Stockport) annoys me ... why on earth do they send me a "demand notice" for my council tax?

Everyone else I deal with in life sends me bills or invoices, what makes SMBC so special that they 'demand' their payment?

Quite unnecessary use of intimidating language.
By chevvron
[quote="Miscellaneous] to the mechanics of how to use cutlery. :wall:[/quote]
Kids nowadays are brought up on food which is eaten by hand eg pizza, KFC, McD etc and don't learn to use cutlery as their parents don't bother to teach them how :twisted:
mick w liked this
By rf3flyer
avtur3 wrote:My local council (Stockport) annoys me ... why on earth do they send me a "demand notice" for my council tax?

Somewhat related, online transaction pages where we are required to 'submit' payment. Why not 'send' or 'make'? One third fewer letters and rather more civil.
It applies to this forum too. Options when posting are [Save draft] [Preview] [Submit]. That last might easily read [Post]. I will now Submit my post.
By cockney steve
I will now Submit my post.

You are a covert submissive and I claim my five pounds. :wink:

Those too young to understand, should consult a more mature person, or google "Lobby Ludd"