For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PaulB
Not my bag, but it occurs to me that

AV 18 TOR

Will be valid next year..... how much woul that be worth and is anyone tempted?
By Rob P
Where's Carol, the forum index plate expert when you need her?

Personally I'd die of embarrassment turning up to an airfield with that.

Rob P
PaulB liked this
By PaulB
I would have "@mentioned" Carol, but I can't recall what she recently changed her username to.
By Boxkite
AV8 TOR (non-existent of course) would be the best to achieve the pronunciation of:
a-vee-eight-tor

But AV18 TOR :scratch:
a-vee-eighteen-tor ?
a-vee-one-eight-tor ?
a-vee-aye-eight-tor ? (1 as i)
a-vee-ee-eight-tor ? (1 as European i)

I'll give £50 for it..
By Steve D
I once witnessed some extremely touattish driving on a motorway, which led to an accident. The touat drove off, but he had a personalised number plate which was very easy to remember. Several of us who witnessed events all gave the same number to the police, and touatty boy was collared within an hour, before he'd even had his tea.
By Rob L
PaulB wrote:Not my bag, ..<snip>

Not mine, either, I tried to get DVLA to sell AR 5E 0LE to a former friend * of mine who was convinced he wanted a vanity plate, but DVLA declined. Then same friend took up flying; I tried the CAA Registration dept for G-TWAT for his new aeroplane. They declined also. :cheese:

What is it with personalisation of mandatory data on vehicles? You don't see it on Fork Lift Trucks. Or do you?

* He died, being the laughing stock in the factory, of the 1M GAY plate we ended up getting for him on his fork lift truck.
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dave W wrote:AV14TOR is better. ;) What did that go for?

That was available fairly recently for £17.5k

I nearly considered buying AV14 ATE for £1100 when it was first issued, but I didn't have a 14 plate vehicle to put it on, and I couldn't be 4r53d to put it on retention.
Bobcro liked this